Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
The idle motor hums when the key is on with the OEM idle ECU. Pull your air cleaner to hear the frequency valve mounted on the passenger side valve cover. The FV only buzzes when engine is running. Best to test the buzz with a cold engine since a miss adjusted mixture could make the buzz very soft with a warm engine.
They did make some minor adjustments to the idle control when I was in CA. I'm now back in UT and several thousand more feet above sea level, is it possible that it needs to be adjusted for altitude?

I think I heard the idle motor humming tonight when I turned the key to put the windows up, or at least I heard something humming. It kind of sounded like it was from the front, though.

Speaking of which, another thing which could be a piece of the puzzle or something completely different: Several times now, I've turned the key and nothing's happened. The dash lights come on but the engine doesn't even attempt to start. I normally put the clutch in when I start so I don't think it was a matter of it being in the wrong gear. Now what should I start looking at?