FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: VFD replacement clocks

My VIN:    05457

So awesome! I've been eagerly awaiting this post, but resisted the urge to ask for a progress update since I knew you were working on them. I'm still very much in!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    2245

I've been looking forward to this!

My VIN:    2328

A new additional connector comes with the clock, but separately!
    I did not assemble it to the clocks on the last picture, because you have to
    run the cables through the small hole in the case first, before installing them
    into the connector .
    In the end you will have the old connector as spare, since you have to separate it
    from the old clock to take it out of the case.

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Thanks again. I just sent payment via Paypal.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    A new additional connector comes with the clock, but separately!
    I did not assemble it to the clocks on the last picture, because you have to
    run the cables through the small hole in the case first, before installing them
    into the connector .
    In the end you will have the old connector as spare, since you have to separate it
    from the old clock to take it out of the case.
    Nice! I saw the connector pins on the end, but didn't see the connectors, so naturally I had to ask

But I still can't help but ask: what about those of us that don't have a broken clock? I think I sold mine for an improved version that turned out to be junk, later threw it out, so just have a gaping hole where there should be a clock. I've never figured out how to get an empty shell as of yet.

... well, Shep, let me think about the idea to create the parts of the case and even more important
    at which cost. After I have some first ideas about the cost and work, that is required, we can further discuss,
    if someone still wants to have and to pay $XX for the "molded" parts of the dashboard clock.
    Give me some time to check that out...

so...

you guys got me working on the next point

I was doing some work on the plastic housing for the dashboard clock.

At this point in time I am estimating the cost for a complete new housing
    (existing of: 1 case, 2 time setting pins, 1 green lid with window) about $90-$100 plus shipping.
    My goal for this housing will be the same as for the clock: FFF (Form-Fit-Function) so in the end you
    should be able to use the housing also for the old original clock, since the new housing will be a
    copy of the original one, but newly manufactured.

So my question is, shall I continue to work on the manufacturing of these parts and do some
    prototypes?
    Are there community members interested in spending this amount of money for a case
    and maybe combine it with a new clock to have a new complete replacement clock?

Your feedback is appreciated, since I do not want to waste any money on prototyipng.

Greetings,

My VIN:    05457

I'd recommend posting a new thread for the clock housing project. Anyone that needs the housing may have tuned out of this thread a few months back when you indicated you weren't selling housings.

Still, I'd guess the number of people with missing housings is smaller than the number of people with broken clocks.
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I'd recommend posting a new thread for the clock housing project. Anyone that needs the housing may have tuned out of this thread a few months back when you indicated you weren't selling housings.

Still, I'd guess the number of people with missing housings is smaller than the number of people with broken clocks.
    O.K. I will start another thread with regard to the housing.
    Thanks.

My VIN:    04629

New Clock

Howdy Yoda..........Received my clock today, beautiful work, looking forward to 'seeing' an accurate clock in my car! Thank-you

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast