FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Window Motor Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Window Motor Question

I installed a new driver's side window motor. I got everything hooked up and turned on the engine and pressed the switch and nothing happened. I didn't have time to diagnose it further. Months ago I had switched the power switches and the one for the driver's side worked for the passenget side. Any ideas what to check? Switch the swithces again, check power to the window? Any other ideas?
    Shannon

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Check switches and fuse. Recheck the connections at the motor.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10353

I hated that job, ended up being so much more frustrating than it needed to be.

Did you confirm that the motor was working before installing it? Like by just plugging it in and holding it outside of the door and trying the window switch? Tried swapping the window switches?

Another weird thing that I recall when doing mine was while I was trying to extend the little mount at the end of the arm to connect to the window arm bracket I went too far and the motor quit working all together. I had to pull it back out and physically push the little mount back down the runner to get it to operate again. Where did you get your motor from? Mine was from Hervey, still works great though!

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

The fuse is good. I got the rocker switches out for both doors and put the passenger switch in for the driver's side. At first there was a little noise but no action. I kept toggling the switch and finally the window went up. I didn't have any more time to play with it as I had to leave for an appointment. The passenger side will act like that. Sometimes I have to keep moving the switch to get it to work. Is the switch going bad?
    Shannon

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Sounds like the switches are going bad. You can get new ones..or you can sometimes fix the old ones (im sure theres a thread on here for that)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

There is this one:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7019

Have done this job once. It did the trick some years back when one of the window motors started acting up now and then. Switch still works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Sounds like the switches are going bad. You can get new ones..or you can sometimes fix the old ones (im sure theres a thread on here for that)
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior