Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Now it won't even attempt to crank

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Still not sure about this one, they couldn't replicate the issue at the shop. When I was driving home, a guy pulled up next to me and said I had no brake lights. I'm waiting for my roommate to get back to have him look at it while I start it, but is that something that could potentially be related or just another random gremlin? (A guy I know whose kid used to have one said that sometimes half of his taillights would randomly stop working, and he was an electrical engineer and never did figure out why.)
    With both stop lights out it most likely is your brake light switch or the fuse. The brake lights get power through a fuse only used in that circuit.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Delorean Guru

My VIN:    10757

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    With both stop lights out it most likely is your brake light switch or the fuse. The brake lights get power through a fuse only used in that circuit.
    While it very well could be a fuse or a switch, the taillight boards are notorious for faulty connections.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10907

Just had my roommate look while I started it and he said there was still nothing. Guess I have another project for tomorrow...

Crisis averted - one of the green & purple wires had come unplugged at the switch. I probably bumped it while poking around under there chasing the startup gremlin. Far and away the easiest repair I've made yet.

Miraculously this one actually manifested while they were working on it. They checked the battery which tested good, but while doing that they discovered that my cutoff switch was a little loose. It's too intermittent to be sure yet whether tightening the connections on the cutoff did the trick but I'm crossing my fingers...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4