FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Hemmings Sport & Exotic Car Closure

My VIN:    5482

Hemmings Sport & Exotic Car Closure

Yesterday I received my new and now last issue of HSEC (issue #141). In the magazine bag was a one-page letter to subscribers informing us this magazine is no more and our remaining subscription will be converted to Hemmings Classic Car or we can call for a refund.

I know at least a few members here were readers/subscribers. One or more folks had their cars in this magazine over the years (12 year run). I gotta say, I'm really bummed about this. This magazine was something I really had enjoyed since I started subscribing several years back.

Anyone else see this news?
    Jeff

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Print is a dying medium. Just the other day the local paper was offering free 2 week subscriptions and people were like "why would I?"

My VIN:    ex-01678

Yes, saw it too. I enjoyed the foreign car focus they had that the replacement magazine does not.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Print is a dying medium. Just the other day the local paper was offering free 2 week subscriptions and people were like "why would I?"
    I get that but I would rather not subscribe versus paying for a digital copy of something. I prefer print for magazines.

Now news on the other hand is entirely different in my opinion.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jmpdmc View Post
    Yes, saw it too. I enjoyed the foreign car focus they had that the replacement magazine does not.
    Jeff
    Exactly. I'm not really into Cameros, Mustangs, Vettes, and tri-5 Chevys so the replacement probably won't do much for me.
    Jeff

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

This probably was inevitable but I am hugely disappointed Hemming Sports & Exotic is joining print's casualty list. It's the only magazine I subscribe to and the only one I have kept each issue. Really enjoyed each and every page, learned some facts and useful shop tips and even my three year old nephew likes to look at the photography.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6