FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Why can't I reinstall the seats!?

My VIN:    10644

Why can't I reinstall the seats!?

Actually, this is a solved problem, but I'm leaving details here for anyone else that runs into this.

I've taken my seats out of the car probably 20 times and have never had a problem reinstalling them. But on Sunday, I couldn't get the passenger seat in. I could get the front 2 bolts in, but the back 2 missed by just a little bit. Or, I could get the two outside bolts in, but couldn't get the inside bolts to drop. I took the seat out and inspected the bolts and found that they were all perfectly straight. Everything seemed twisted by a little bit. I thought the passenger seatbelt receptacle bolt was interfering with the rail, so I loosened it a bit so that an edge of the bolt was parallel with the floor - giving me just a bit more clearance for the rail.

After about an hour of fighting it, I realized that the rails can slide independent of one another. One rail was just slightly out of alignment. After pressing the slide release, I had no problem getting all 4 bolts in.

My VIN:    Midproduction

It might sound obvious, but I've been there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Actually, this is a solved problem, but I'm leaving details here for anyone else that runs into this.

I've taken my seats out of the car probably 20 times and have never had a problem reinstalling them. But on Sunday, I couldn't get the passenger seat in. I could get the front 2 bolts in, but the back 2 missed by just a little bit. Or, I could get the two outside bolts in, but couldn't get the inside bolts to drop. I took the seat out and inspected the bolts and found that they were all perfectly straight. Everything seemed twisted by a little bit. I thought the passenger seatbelt receptacle bolt was interfering with the rail, so I loosened it a bit so that an edge of the bolt was parallel with the floor - giving me just a bit more clearance for the rail.

After about an hour of fighting it, I realized that the rails can slide independent of one another. One rail was just slightly out of alignment. After pressing the slide release, I had no problem getting all 4 bolts in.

My VIN:    VIN 5120

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yep, that caught me one time too! Glad you got it figured out. Frustrating.
    -Jeff