Well, it's been a few days since the Discovery Channel Canada film crew was here in the U.S. Midwest filming content for an upcoming episode of Daily Planet, to be aired this April.

A little background ... Discovery Channel Canada originally contacted me in 2015 to do a segment, but we had to postpone due to scheduling conflicts.
Who knew it would take nearly two years and a last minute cancellation (last weekend) before I received a re-scheduled call-back for my segment.
Unfortunately, the weather was not conducive to parking most of my vehicles out on the soggy lawn this Spring, but at least most of the vehicles will
get some air time, even if they happened to be very dusty, from a long Winter's nap. A significant amount of filming was done indoors, due to weather.

Early last week, I received several frantic contacts from Discovery Channel Canada (emails and phone messages), since they had to cancel a previously
setup video shoot in the Chicago area and they wanted to re-schedule that open slot while they had a producer in the area, with a crew ready to shoot.

Luckily, I had already scheduled to take off St. Pat's Day last Friday, so I had some time to "melt the ice" on the pole building doors, so they would open.
After a 1/2 bag of rock salt and a few hours of melt time, the doors opened. I had not moved any of my project vehicles since British Car Show last Sept.

Ice-melted-under-doors.jpg

Back to Canada. For those of you familiar with the Daily Planet TV Show, the segment on my DeLorean projects should be between 4 to 6 minutes.

Video shoot was about 6 hours long. Weather was cloudy, but above freezing and the ground was soggy. Thankfully, the ice and frozen snow melted.

Posting a few behind the scenes photos of the video shoot. (not too exciting) More details will be provided after the show is initially aired this April.

D_Rex-Rollout-v1.jpg

D_Rex-Rollout-v2.jpg

D-Rex-field-1.jpg

D-Rex-field-2.jpg

A big thanks to Discovery Channel Canada ... Carol Mcgrath and her crew, for getting all the filming we could, on a cold, damp and windy day.

Also thanks to Heather Sherman, who initially contacted me in 2015, for remembering my segment re-scheduling and for reminding Carol about it.

I plan to post a video link (to the show or just the segment) in this thread after the segment is aired next month.

Thanks,
Rich W.