FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Tall man is leaving wheeler dealers

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Tall man is leaving wheeler dealers

Sad news...the best car show on tv is losing the best part of the show...

https://youtu.be/8IB15T1LYiY

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Sad news...the best car show on tv is losing the best part of the show...

https://youtu.be/8IB15T1LYiY
    Wow that really sucks. I agree that this is by far the best car show on the air right now. They actually focus on the process of fixing/restoring the car they are working on and there is hardly any manufactured drama added for suspense.

Sad to see Ed go.

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    ... there is hardly any manufactured drama added for suspense. Sad to see Ed go.
    Both statements are utterly true. Ed put up a goodbye video on youtube where he said something to the effect of Discovery wanting to spend less time on the actual, hands-on repair work which is a direction he didn't agree with. Sad.
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    10201

That sucks. My dad started getting into the show with me after we'd break from working on my delorean. He frequently talked about how cool it was that edd showed people how parts worked and how to fix them.

My VIN:    5628

Discovery has no clue

So, Discovery doesn't know anything about the audience of the show. That is what made Wheeler Dealers so unique. Now it's going to be reduced to another lame resto-show.

My VIN:    10201

My next favorite is fantomworks followed by bitchin rides. I just wish I could find the delorean episode in better detail than the one on youtube.

EDIT: Found that is season 8 episode 7 but amazon video only shows 6 episodes for that season.
    Last edited by mr_maxime; 03-26-2017 at 08:45 PM.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Dsicovery/Velocity prefer cheap to make shows. Of course, some of the blame has to go to Attaboy for selling out to velocity.

Maybe we'll get another show with Edd, doing all the fiddly, messy mechanical work.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wow, that is really unfortunate. Just looking at the comments on the YouTube clip, it seems that many people feel the same way. Instead of true vision or understanding their audience, the producers will make Wheeler Dealers just another dumb reality show that I won't watch. On the other hand, I will look for Ed's new venture and watch that.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)