That last water pump bolt only took 5 minutes of my lunch break today. I was so lucky nothing broke tearing things down to the VOD (except my own screw up with the coolant drain).

There was a considerable amount of corrosion including this white powdery and chunky crap that was everywhere. I am concerned about what is in my engine and potentially putting it into the new cooling system parts after I install them. Maybe I can flush from where the water pump was attached through to the coolant drains on the engine blocks. I found one thread on that but it's not clear I can totally clean the engine this way.

New Parts -

Best case is that I keep my "upgraded" ~1999 fans (not sure exactly what they are yet) but I am still looking at a hefty parts order to get the VOD put back together assuming the rest of my coolant pipes look like the ones in the engine compartment. That kit is almost $500. I've got small holes where the hoses connect.

I still need to get a rebuilt FD (has a stuck plunger) and haven't figured out how to assess the WUR condition yet. I basically need to figure out if any part of the fuel system was not messed up (FV, CSV, etc...). Like the cooling system, I don't want one bad part to ruin all of the new/rebuilt parts. I did flush the fuel hard lines when I cleaned the tank.

Lot to think about as I remove the radiator and clean the VOD this weekend. I am building a parts list offline but this could easily be $2-3 for this phase.

Last night I realized I did not check the valve clearances. Someone in the archives suggested skipping this until the OP could get someone experienced to make any adjustments. I am probably in the same boat but might check the clearances as a baseline before putting things back together.

2017-04-04 14.01.04.jpg2017-04-04 14.01.10.jpg2017-04-04 14.01.22.jpg2017-04-04 14.01.16.jpg