FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Very rough ride from my shocks/springs

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD001815

Very rough ride from my shocks/springs

I finally finished restoring 1815 with just about everything under the frame and rebuilt engine etc... Now that I can drive it on a daily basis, the ride is Exetremly rough. Pulling into my driveway (has about a 1" bump to the concrete) it feels like going over a curb. Very stiff and the thought is 'there goes my alignment' comes into mind... Anyone have sugestions on what brand. style, I can get to correct this issue? I currently have Hervey's lowered springs and comparable shocks on all four wheels. The hiegnt is good and so it the 'handling'... I just am looking for a smoother ride for the Daily Driver. Some roads are not in the best shape and what I have going on now is not condusive to a longer ride. BTW, I had a previous DMC in 85-87 that was totally awesome. Drove it for 30k with no issues and very comfortable, yet handled great... Those were of course, the original suspension setup... .

Thanks for your input :-)

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

How old are your tires and are they inflated to the correct pressure? Check the date codes and if they are older than 7 years they should be replaced. If the pressure is too high it can also cause a hard ride. Use the pressures on the label on the glove box door.
    David Teitelbaum

How much suspension travel do you have with the new springs and shocks? Is the suspension bottoming out or is the spring compressing until the coils are touching each other? Also, how were these springs lowered? Are they new springs or are they cut down original springs? Are the shocks adjustable for bounce and rebound?
    --
    Mike

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

All I can say is don't buy any shocks or springs from Hervey if you want something reliable and safe for your vehicle.