FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dash light help

My VIN:    02530

Dash light help

Looking for some input as I can't seem to figure this one out.. I was having issues with my battery light and other dash lights not working so I cleaned the sockets and replaced all of the 161 bulbs and 194's in the cluster. My battery light now works and my charging system is good to go. However, now none of the other indicators that take the 161 bulbs work, but the illumination with the 194's work just fine. The blinkers outside work but the dash bulbs don't.. My door light, seat belt, oil and lambda are all out. I put the old bulbs back in and they are still out. I am getting signal to the circuit board as i tested the the plugs with the test light and cleaned them. Any ideas on this?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Probably the printed circuit board. All dash lights should be 194 throughout. I would order a brand new one from DMC.eu. They just released a new not nos board. I put the nos one in mine before the new style came out and i get a goofy issue with my temp gauge every blue moon now. Didnt do it before with the original when i was changing everything over to LED'S minus the battery light. Here is mine at night.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

+1 for DeLorean Europe's new printed circuit

Taking the plug out of the instrument cluster several times last winter caused the tabs on my old printed circuit to pry off the plastic and bend, very tricky to glue back down and have them stay in place. Bought a NOS circuit that was peeling on delivery so I finally caved and bought DMC Europe's and haven't had an issue since. Massive improvement
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Probably the printed circuit board. All dash lights should be 194 throughout. I would order a brand new one from DMC.eu. They just released a new not nos board. I put the nos one in mine before the new style came out and i get a goofy issue with my temp gauge every blue moon now. Didnt do it before with the original when i was changing everything over to LED'S minus the battery light. Here is mine at night.

WOW that looks fantastic!

+1 myself and im going to do the same thing. I "fixed" my nos one out the package with careful dabs of super glue. Pain in the butt!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by KTwaffles02 View Post
    WOW that looks fantastic!
    Thank you very much! The 4 bulbs that shine down have 19 leds per bulb for a total of 76 leds just for THAT elimination. They plug into the 194 socket but the bulb itself is bigger than the hole it goes into. Is not for the faint of heart but I had to use my Dremel and slightly in carefully widen the hole to get them to fit! All the rest of the bulbsare your standard 195 LED replacement of 5 led per bulb.

Is that the one they have listed under original parts "New Made Printed Circuit" for 35.85EUR?

I believe so especially if it says new made. They just released this I think towards the fall of last year

Thank you for the feedback! I don't see any peeling but I can't figure it out for anything.. Probably best to start with the board, Ill go for the one from Europe

My VIN:    3997

Get the new circuit board. You won't regret it.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast