Quote Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
Hi Svein. It's good to see your car as it was back then, and it looks like a complete running delorean. What exactly made you decide to take it apart and restore it?
And what about the side stripe, didn't you like it? Or was there any problems with it?
Well the car is still in pieces. I had to start this tread from the beginnig with more info on the restoration to come.
I was driving the car and fixed things along the way as they broke. Like clutch master and slave cylinder, starter, some wire problems. Then the throwout bearing started making noise. So that was when I started the process. Bought some time and money consuming cars meanwhile, so the Delorean was put on hold a few times. Ive learned now and is all inn. Frame and engine is done.
Installed new roofbox and is currently waiting to get the fiberglass body and other parts like louvers, black trim and facias back from paint. Hopefully I get the body tub back in the end of the next week
Always knew I wanted it restored some time in the future.
The plan was to have it ready by 2011 when it was a classic. That didnt happen, so the new deadline is summertime next year. Initially I wanted a later style car with silver wheels and without the stripe. (And black interior and manual transmission) But since they were hard to find I bought what I could get. I have now fallen in love with the early style, so Im keeping it as it was. Exception is lowered front, galvanized frame and UK exhaust. Stripe was worn, so I am getting a new one.
The car was kind of in good shape, but still everything has to be done. Worst part was probably the fuse box, carpet, seat covers, and roof box. Roof box was not completely rotten, but had to be changed.

Current status:
DSC_6538.jpg
DSC_7032.jpgreceived_1596072887089060.jpg20170103_180940.jpg20170103_181009.jpg20170103_181025.jpg

More info to come.