Hi!
My name is Svein Apeland from Norway, and I am the owner of VIN 1598.
VIN.jpg508.jpg

1857164_509x0.jpg
Photo from previous owners ad.

My car is made in May 81, and has black interior, manual transmission and a wide side stripe.
Bought my car June 17th 2006 in Drammen Norway, and drove it home to the west coast of Norway. A six and a half our drive! Good times!
The day i bought my car.
Svein å Delorean.jpg

It was super hot that day, and since the AC did not work i ended up sitting in my boxers after a few hours.
The car was OK, but I always knew I was going to restore it. At first glance it needed new seat covers and some carpet bits. The fusebox was melted, and previous owner made it work with some new wires. Also some noise was coming from the gearbox when going into second gear.
The guy who owned it before me was also from Norway. His name is Odd Arne Nordbø.
The story I heard was that a swedish pilot brought it home to Sweden from USA some time ago.
I have some receipts dating back to 1987 when it was owned by Åke Westerlund, in 1997 when it was owned by Anders Jonsson, and in 2004 when it was owned by someone named Linus Lindquist. All three from Sweden. Talked with some swedish DeLorean friends who could tell me that the swedish license plate was MLU 577, and that it had not been registered since 1998 when it was owned by Vargön. If I am correct that is a company that makes alloy parts.
The car was sold new by Goldsmith Cadillac in Jamaica New York, to a company called Norman Lithographers in N. Amityville New York.
PA180046.jpg

Street view of Goldsmith Cadillac Adress.
Capture.JPG

Forged document!
Brev.jpg

More one my restoration process to come.