FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Anyone up for Carlisle? May 20th?

My VIN:    5470

Anyone up for Carlisle? May 20th?

Carlisle PA has some pretty good shows through the summer. They used to have the Kit Car show, which turned in to the Import/Kit show as interest (and attendance) in kit cars started dying, then the final nail went in the coffin and they just called it the Import Performance show, and the kit cars are 'allowed to attend'. Many still do.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s/default.aspx

I used to make a yearly pilgrimage back when I owned a couple kits. Heck, I almost forgot, I still own a kit car (Ferrari Dino). Then I went when I had my Lotus. There is always an interesting mix of cars. The Volvo crew turns out in mass, as well as the Saab guys, oddly enough. But this is a great show for seeing some amazing custom work on all sorts of cars. There are also a lot of great restorations, and some really well built kit cars, new and old.

Now, is a Delorean an import? I don't know, what do you call a car that was created by an American company, built in Ireland, designed by an Italian, mounted on a frame from the UK and powered by a motor that's a joint venture between France and Sweden? I'm going with import.

So I think I will go to this show. I used to go Sat+Sun, but now I find I can cover what I want to see in a day. I drive up Sat morning, make my rounds and head back in the eve. It's $10 to enter, or $40 to show. I'll get the $40 pass and park the D on the grounds and consider it an expensive parking spot. I don't usually hang around by my car - I like to wander around.

If anyone wants to join me, I would love the company.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I would like to go and always wanted to take 11035 up there but i cant tell you if i will even have my car on the road at that time. Finishing up the restoration and installling new brakes, suspension, repair and painting fascia's and other custom stuff!. I used to attend all the time and went there for the 1st 3 years of the All GM Nationals. First 2 years were with my 85 Cutlass I built and then my 2000 Z/24. Now they call it the Chevy Nationals Carlisle lost alot of people after they pissed off the Chevelle and Camaro crowd. I might have to decline going due to work on the car. Definity next year though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Headed down to the spring meet as usual, won't be there untill Thursday night

Anyone know who bought the Dmc dealer sign still in the crate 2 falls ago? Pissed I missed it

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I have been wanting to go for years now, first I need to finish buttoning up the leaks on the cooling system, reinstall the intake and all that jazz, and buy and have new tires mounted. It will be a damn close run thing...
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    I have been wanting to go for years now, first I need to finish buttoning up the leaks on the cooling system, reinstall the intake and all that jazz, and buy and have new tires mounted. It will be a damn close run thing...
    Cool. Hope you can make it. I realized I posted really early, but it was in the hopes of getting it on people's radar early for reasons like this.

I'm also hoping that with the massive Volvo crowd, there will be a lot of PRV parts floating around.

-Rick

Extra PRV parts is always a good thing. I still got some parts at home. Still want more!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

SO I bought my ticket today. I'll leave DC area at 8am on Sat, arrive about 10am-ish, stick around for a few hours and probably head out by 3pm to head back. If anyone cares to meet up, let me know. I will only be going the one day.

Made it with no isues!

So I tool my Delorean on it's longest trip yet. 2 hours to Carlisle, and 3 hours back (stopped by a friends place on the return leg). No issues with the car whatsoever.

I found myself constantly watching the oil gauge and the temp gauge and wish whoever designed the dash would have put them on the same side.

I also noticed that whenever I fill my tank (when it shows empty), the most I've ever put in is 8 gal. Which means when the gauge shows empty, it's about 1/3rd left (the tank is 14 gallons, right?). I also noticed that even when it's full (and I keep topping until I see fuel in the neck), the gauge shows just a hair over 3/4 full. I guess I need to clean my sending unit.

Before leaving, I did a engine bay pre-check, and I'm glad I did. I found that the heat shield had warped to the point that it was touching the AC belt. And while it wasn't AC-weather, snapping a belt en-route is never a good thing. So I used some strapping to hold the shield closer to the muffler and it worked. Has anyone else ever had this issues? What was your fix?

Its a 12 gallon tank and i believe any vendor has a newer style heat shield. More than likely your fuel gauge sending unit is original and probably going bad. I have a newer style sending unit that waa in a box of fuel pump stuff i gave to Paul so he can give you that for free. I had all that as spare parts when i went to the newer fuel pump sending unit combo from DMC. Hit Paul up and ask about that sending unit Rick.