FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Floor mat Options

My VIN:    4519

Floor mat Options

What are the available floor mat options, and what's the feedback on whatcha got?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    What are the available floor mat options, and what's the feedback on whatcha got?
    I use a fairly heavy duty rubber floor mat with deep grooves from Auto Zone/Walmart.
    It has deep/strong cleats not he bottom to prevent slipping, is easily washable (just hose it down) and it captures any dirt/junk that inevitably gets into the car on your shoes. I don;t like the carpet type of floor mats, all they do is get dirty. I don;t have a picture available of mine though, sorry. I looked online on Auto Zones webpage at it looks like the Pro Elite rubber floor mats. IIRC they were between $15-$25 each. Much more expensive than the cheaper options, but much better quality. I use them in my Jeep as well.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I use a fairly heavy duty rubber floor mat with deep grooves from Auto Zone/Walmart.
    It has deep/strong cleats not he bottom to prevent slipping, is easily washable (just hose it down) and it captures any dirt/junk that inevitably gets into the car on your shoes. I don;t like the carpet type of floor mats, all they do is get dirty. I don;t have a picture available of mine though, sorry. I looked online on Auto Zones webpage at it looks like the Pro Elite rubber floor mats. IIRC they were between $15-$25 each. Much more expensive than the cheaper options, but much better quality. I use them in my Jeep as well.
    Thanks, do they fit well?

My VIN:    1710

PJ Grady carries non-slip reproduction floor mats. As far as I know, they are the only reproduction floor mats which are non-slip:

https://www.pjgrady.com/product/floor-mats/

They sell black mats just like the originals, as well as dark grey ones meant to compliment the 1981 black interior cars darker carpets. Call versus trying to order online- they always have more in stock than whatever their website may show.
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    PJ Grady carries non-slip reproduction floor mats. As far as I know, they are the only reproduction floor mats which are non-slip:

https://www.pjgrady.com/product/floor-mats/

They sell black mats just like the originals, as well as dark grey ones meant to compliment the 1981 black interior cars darker carpets. Call versus trying to order online- they always have more in stock than whatever their website may show.
    Those are really nice, a bit more than I'd lie to pay for mats but if I go with that style they look to be the ones to get.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I really like the DMC(H) mats - the DMC logo is not embroidered, but is formed into the material. They look very close to the originals, and fit very well. Yeah - pretty spendy but these are really worth it.

BTW - original DeLorean mats were black only. Personally I think the grey ones completely defeat the purpose of floor mats and show dirt very easily.

http://store.delorean.com/p-9243-floor-mats-black.aspx
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I really like the DMC(H) mats - the DMC logo is not embroidered, but is formed into the material. They look very close to the originals, and fit very well. Yeah - pretty spendy but these are really worth it.

BTW - original DeLorean mats were black only. Personally I think the grey ones completely defeat the purpose of floor mats and show dirt very easily.

I have these also. Good quality and fit perfectly. I've never had them slide around because they're such an exact fit. Houston okayed a Christmas sale a few years ago and dropped the price down a little bit and that's when I got them. These get my vote, Rich.

IMG_4501.jpgIMG_4489.jpgIMG_4488.jpg
    Last edited by Jonathan; 04-01-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post

I had a set of DMCH mats 10 years ago that had foam backing and were embroidered.

About 3 years ago, I upgraded to the NEW DMCH mats and they are amazing! They have the rubber nubs on the backside, the DMC logo is non-embroidered and is formed into the material like Dave mentioned. They also fit perfectly!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

ditto

The DMCH units sound like a winner....gonna have to reconsider my mat budget -lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast