Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Floor mat Options

My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

Floor mat Options

What are the available floor mat options, and what's the feedback on whatcha got?
    Restoration of VIN 4728 in progress...

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    What are the available floor mat options, and what's the feedback on whatcha got?
    I use a fairly heavy duty rubber floor mat with deep grooves from Auto Zone/Walmart.
    It has deep/strong cleats not he bottom to prevent slipping, is easily washable (just hose it down) and it captures any dirt/junk that inevitably gets into the car on your shoes. I don;t like the carpet type of floor mats, all they do is get dirty. I don;t have a picture available of mine though, sorry. I looked online on Auto Zones webpage at it looks like the Pro Elite rubber floor mats. IIRC they were between $15-$25 each. Much more expensive than the cheaper options, but much better quality. I use them in my Jeep as well.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    Spax Shocks, DCUK springs, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI cat-less exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I use a fairly heavy duty rubber floor mat with deep grooves from Auto Zone/Walmart.
    It has deep/strong cleats not he bottom to prevent slipping, is easily washable (just hose it down) and it captures any dirt/junk that inevitably gets into the car on your shoes. I don;t like the carpet type of floor mats, all they do is get dirty. I don;t have a picture available of mine though, sorry. I looked online on Auto Zones webpage at it looks like the Pro Elite rubber floor mats. IIRC they were between $15-$25 each. Much more expensive than the cheaper options, but much better quality. I use them in my Jeep as well.
    Thanks, do they fit well?

My VIN:    Pending. Previously 10115 & 5252

PJ Grady carries non-slip reproduction floor mats. As far as I know, they are the only reproduction floor mats which are non-slip:

https://www.pjgrady.com/product/floor-mats/

They sell black mats just like the originals, as well as dark grey ones meant to compliment the 1981 black interior cars darker carpets. Call versus trying to order online- they always have more in stock than whatever their website may show.
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    PJ Grady carries non-slip reproduction floor mats. As far as I know, they are the only reproduction floor mats which are non-slip:

https://www.pjgrady.com/product/floor-mats/

They sell black mats just like the originals, as well as dark grey ones meant to compliment the 1981 black interior cars darker carpets. Call versus trying to order online- they always have more in stock than whatever their website may show.
    Those are really nice, a bit more than I'd lie to pay for mats but if I go with that style they look to be the ones to get.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    05429

I really like the DMC(H) mats - the DMC logo is not embroidered, but is formed into the material. They look very close to the originals, and fit very well. Yeah - pretty spendy but these are really worth it.

BTW - original DeLorean mats were black only. Personally I think the grey ones completely defeat the purpose of floor mats and show dirt very easily.

http://store.delorean.com/p-9243-floor-mats-black.aspx
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    dswingle@DeLorean.com

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I really like the DMC(H) mats - the DMC logo is not embroidered, but is formed into the material. They look very close to the originals, and fit very well. Yeah - pretty spendy but these are really worth it.

BTW - original DeLorean mats were black only. Personally I think the grey ones completely defeat the purpose of floor mats and show dirt very easily.

I have these also. Good quality and fit perfectly. I've never had them slide around because they're such an exact fit. Houston okayed a Christmas sale a few years ago and dropped the price down a little bit and that's when I got them. These get my vote, Rich.

IMG_4501.jpgIMG_4489.jpgIMG_4488.jpg
    Last edited by Jonathan; 04-01-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    One damn minute Admiral...

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post

I had a set of DMCH mats 10 years ago that had foam backing and were embroidered.

About 3 years ago, I upgraded to the NEW DMCH mats and they are amazing! They have the rubber nubs on the backside, the DMC logo is non-embroidered and is formed into the material like Dave mentioned. They also fit perfectly!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880
    Modifications done to my car can be seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUpusPAvJc

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

ditto

The DMCH units sound like a winner....gonna have to reconsider my mat budget -lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast