FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Yellow DeLorean on eBay... Garage fire?

Yellow DeLorean on eBay... Garage fire?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-DeLorea...ZYaw4r&vxp=mtr

This guy says it was in a "garage fire" (whatever that means). OK, a fire occurred in your garage and a painted DeLorean was involved. There has to be more to that story.
    I am Looking to buy a D.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

This DeLorean was part of a 2 part DeLorean. The owner of this car also has another DeLorean. A low mile concours car. They went into the garage to start that car, walked away, had a fuel leak and a neighbor noticed smoke and enformed the owner. Called 911 but couldn't get in the garage to try and stop it. The concours car was totally destroyed. This car still runs. The concours car was very original, low miles and perfect. Still wearing the original tires but i dont get alot into this story.. First, if you or I had a factory original concours call that was a show car only..... why the hell would you walk away and let it run, knowing it still wears the original fuel lines. See, this is why im totally against concours cars and the people who have them. At least update SOME things to prevent something like this. I still feel scetchy on this. If i had a concours myself, this would be the first thing i would replace but still keep them, then next would be the reproduced coolant tank. Yes they can still burst but having a 35 year old piece of plastic vs. a next one...... im going for the new one and keeping the original put away. Thats just me. I restored my car myself, had it 13 yrs and dumped close to 30k into it. It sure as hell dont sit. I drive the damn thing everywhere. Yesterday i was out in the pouring rain and loving it with 11035. I feel a little shady on this. I never walk away from my DeLorean when its running.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Could be mistaken, but I'm pretty certain the house fire was at like 3am and had nothing to do with either car..

And the guy selling it bought it from the insurance auction, it's not Ron selling
    Last edited by Gfrank; 04-01-2017 at 09:29 AM.

My VIN:    10201

My VIN:    00910

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrank View Post
    Could be mistaken, but I'm pretty certain the house fire was at like 3am and had nothing to do with either car..

And the guy selling it bought it from the insurance auction, it's not Ron selling
    No. The fire started in the concourse car. Replace your fuel lines, kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.