Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Electronic Otterstat

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I do like the idea of removing the OEM otterstat and using a straight pipe so no chance of the otterstat leak or blow out.
    <off-topic>
    I'd have been happy with a threaded hole instead of the silly clamp thingy. I think that would reduce leak & blow-out. Screw-in switches have been used for years on other cars... But that would require a different pipe, I suppose. Surprised no vendor has offered this and a cross-referenced switch as an "upgrade."
    </off-topic>

That said -- I'm a big fan (pun intended) of your work, Dave, and will follow this project with interest!
    DeLorean status: 3.0L engine installed; tests in progress.

My VIN:    4502

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    <off-topic>
    I'd have been happy with a threaded hole instead of the silly clamp thingy. I think that would reduce leak & blow-out. Screw-in switches have been used for years on other cars... But that would require a different pipe, I suppose. Surprised no vendor has offered this and a cross-referenced switch as an "upgrade."
    </off-topic>

That said -- I'm a big fan (pun intended) of your work, Dave, and will follow this project with interest!
    this may be the one you need: https://www.deloreango.com/it/new-st...otterstat.html
    VIN 4502

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    Ooh, shiny! Thanks -- I didn't know that was even a thing.
    DeLorean status: 3.0L engine installed; tests in progress.

My VIN:    10201

Lol that's exactly what I was asking about and got Dave to start working on this.

I can't tell on mobile but the one I found was in the UK and I wanted to make sure it used NPT threads so that it would work with universal cooling fan switches in the us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3