FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMC 3294 first Music Video Debut

My VIN:    3294

DMC 3294 first Music Video Debut

Pretty cool afternoon on Wednesday with the Delorean in Franklin Tennessee filming the music video for Brad Paisley's "Last Call Last Chance".
    I got contacted on Tuesday night about 10 p.m. to see if the car would be available for the video shoot. Worked out the details and my day job boss let me take off half the day to get the car ready.

Had to be in Franklin by 6, but got stuck on I-40 behind a huge wreck on the interstate. Finally made it there by 6:15.
    The video is supposed to have a "Stranger Things /80's" vibe to it, and when I got there, Brad Paisley and the other folks in the video were filming some scenes​ riding these really cool looking retro bicycles down the neighborhood street.

Then it was time for the Delorean. I went there thinking HE was going to be driving the car. Turns out I ended up being the one who drove the car.

First scene Brad Paisley was riding his bicycle down the street and I pulled up beside him and just kinda crept along beside him. We did that about 3 times.

The next scene, they had me move the car sideways in the middle of the street and he played and sang the whole song standing in front of the car.

Up next, Brad sat in the car (actually in the door way) with his guitar and played and sang the whole song again.

For the last two scenes, they trusted my driving skills more than I would have. Note in the pictures, Brad is wearing an orange down vest (I.e. "McFly"). They sent somebody to the tour bus and came back with a skateboard! Yeah, we re-created the "Marty McFly on a skateboard hitching a ride on the back of a car driving down the street" scene. I realized the reverse camera on the back of the Delorean is actually switch activated from the console, so I flipped up the video touch screen on the stereo and watched as Brad came skating up behind the car, hooked is fingers into the rear louvers of the engine cover and I took off down the street dragging him behind me. It was crazy!

For the last scene, they had me back up about 100 yards, and when they gave me the signal over the two way radio, I floored it and took off straight towards them. As soon as I passed the camera guys, Brad took off on his skateboard after me. We did that like 3-4 times before we ran out of daylight.

After the filming, I stood around in the driveway of the staging house and talked to Brad for about 15-20 minutes. He REALLY liked the car, was very interested in the drive-in (I own a drive-in movie theatre), and said he might like to bring his family out to see Cars 3 this summer. He said he has a couple of songs on the soundtrack. How freaking cool would that be?

He posed for pictures, shook hands and got pictures of his kids in the Delorean. Since I ended up being in the video, I had to go sign some paperwork, get my picture taken,etc.
    The car did great, although it did pee transmission fluid all over those nice people's​ driveway. Can't wait to see what the final video looks like.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    07000

That's pretty awesome. Looked like you had a good time too!

Awesome member

My VIN:    5292

Very cool! Can't wait to see the video!

I got the name of the song wrong in my original post. The correct song title is "Last Time for Everything". The video was released on Brad Paisley's Facebook page last night, but hasn't made it to Youtube yet.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Overhead at 2:44. DeLoreans look amazing from that angle, or any angle for than matter.

My VIN:    05292

That's really cool! I bet that was a blast!