FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Driver door does not open fully

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

You mean like post 14 here?
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...ates-Inc/page2

If so, the fix is to purchase new brackets that this stud screws into. Although Matt posted link to them in the second post here through DPI, I got mine from Rob Grady, amazing how bad the original ones were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a fix for when one of these door strut lower ball studs is pointed oddly? My own driver's door has a bit of this going on
    where instead of it pointing directly forward, it points a bit down and a bit towards the side of the car. I have had both of my doors want to scrap up against the plastic surrounding the striker pin instead of gliding past it, almost like the rear of the door is being pulled back a bit as it closes. I saw my ball stud anchor pointing cocked eyed like described and wondered if this was what was causing the door not to close nicely. My doors clunk more than close smoothly and have for about as long as I've had the car (since 2007).
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    You mean like post 14 here?
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...ates-Inc/page2

If so, the fix is to purchase new brackets that this stud screws into. Although Matt posted link to them in the second post here through DPI, I got mine from Rob Grady, amazing how bad the original ones were.
    Thanks for the link. I don't think I saw that thread originally.

I looked at the Byrne/Henninger brackets link as well but it's NLA as I think they retired. Besides the cost, the ones that go in the originally intended location seem better to me anyway.

I'll have to have a closer look at mine and see about how bad the fiberglas damage is (or isn't perhaps). Then give Rob or Josh a call about how to get one of those kits sent north over the border.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Driver door does not open fully

Even as bad as they were in my photo, the fiberglass was not injured. I did cause some slight damage to the infill panels that need to have the rivets drilled out but luckily it was nothing major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

We ordered a bunch of sets from Hervey and they are fantastic !

Nobody here suggested to test the torsion bars - these cars are >35 years old,
    who knows what was done in the past ?

As posted sooo often - the doors without struts have to open the doors 2-4 inches
    just by the torsion bars.
    As you already have/had the struts off - you can test it in a few seconds and then
    you are sure that the bars are set correctly or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2