FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Damn weather (vent)

My VIN:    10201

Damn weather (vent)

I just need to vent cause I've had a shit day and this damn storm is driving me insane. I was on the phone with a coworker and he mentioned it started hailing. I heard him say "oh shit! that windshield just cracked!" So i ran out to my car and stuck the sun visor on the outside of the car as protection. I got home and now it started hailing again and I dont have a garage since it's insanely more expensive per month. I got out there with an old bed cover to try to cover the car and the damn this just keeps blowing off. Now I got it jammed into the windows and it starts pouring down rain. Hopefully, the gap isnt too big to flood my car. There wasn't a visible one when I closed the windows. Hood and fenders are still unprotected, but one fender is toast anyways and I know replacing the hood is a lot less work than the doors.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Where are you at?

Are you talking about your DeLorean?

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Before I had my garages, I used to use 1 car cover, then egg crate style liner for a bed, then another cover, and tied it all down. Never had damage from a storm. You can also use 1 car cover, a couple really cheap (thin) blow up mattresses and a tarp, and tie it all down. Used to do that through hail season. Redneck as all get out, but works great. Also pinch the car cover in the doors, and shut the doors on the cover. It helps.....
    Soundkillr was here.

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

I have my DeLorean at GT with me. To avoid the storm I snuck it into a parking deck that I usually don't have access to. Turns out a DeLorean is low enough to slip under the turnstile barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Where are you at?

Are you talking about your DeLorean?
    Alabama and yes, it's been my daily for a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    I have my DeLorean at GT with me. To avoid the storm I snuck it into a parking deck that I usually don't have access to. Turns out a DeLorean is low enough to slip under the turnstile barrier.
    Haha, I still got an unpaid parking ticket from on of the decks there. I parked in one for graduation and when I left, someone had driven through and broken the barrier, so I just went through. They already got enough of my damn money.

My VIN:    5302

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Alabama and yes, it's been my daily for a few months now.

Haha, I still got an unpaid parking ticket from on of the decks there. I parked in one for graduation and when I left, someone had driven through and broken the barrier, so I just went through. They already got enough of my damn money.

You mean someone hasn't blown up the GT parking department yet? Fuck those people! Nothing gave me greater pleasure in my last couple years there than on a few trips to my later classes in a car that they couldn't trace back to me. They put a ticker or two on it, and I laughed. Never paid them, and it was never added to my student account.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Haha 90% of the time I parked at the apartments south of campus for free. Only got a ticket once for being too close to the crosswalk. I wanted to get a parking pass but it wasn't much closer and was almost $1k. I did find a couple of used needles where I parked, but at least i never got mugged.

Haha 90% of the time I parked at the apartments south of campus for free. Only got a ticket once for being too close to the crosswalk. I wanted to get a parking pass but it wasn't much closer and was almost $1k. I did find a couple of used needles where I parked, but at least i never got mugged.
    $1k??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

For a GA Tech parking pass?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    $1k??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

For a GA Tech parking pass?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Just checked $795 for an annual pass. Might as well have been $1k at the time though. It was under $100 for the Southern Poly one when I went there and it was still its own college.

Just checked $795 for an annual pass. Might as well have been $1k at the time though. It was under $100 for the Southern Poly one when I went there and it was still its own college.
    I don't remember 100%, but I think it was something like $2xx when I bought them in the early 2000's.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302