FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Hemmings Sports and Exotic - Sad news

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hemmings Sports and Exotic - Sad news

Today when i opened my newest issue of HS&E i was saddened to see that it would also be my last. It is without question the best classic car magazine I've ever read. You may recall they did a nice piece on the DeLorean back in 2010. Normally when a magazine covers the DeLorean, I pick it up for my collection. With HS&E however, I just had to subscribe. It was a breath of fresh air to finally find a classic car magazine that gave every car a fair and in-depth review instead of writing off all these wonderfully bizarre, esoteric cars as "crap" because they didn't perform like a corvette. The writers clearly loved their work, loved meeting the owners and driving the cars. From MG's and Triumphs to Datsuns, Saabs, Tatras and DeLoreans, there was never any shortage of rare or interesting cars to read about. I'm very sorry to see this magazine go.

IMG_3763.jpg[email protected]
    Last edited by sdg3205; 04-07-2017 at 03:05 AM.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Today when i opened my newest issue of HS&E i was saddened to see that it would also be my last. It is without question the best classic car magazine I've ever read. You may recall they did a nice piece on the DeLorean back in 2010. Normally when a magazine covers the DeLorean, I pick it up for my collection. With HS&E however, I just had to subscribe. It was a breath of fresh air to finally find a classic car magazine that gave every car a fair and in-depth review instead of writing off all these wonderfully bizarre, esoteric cars as "crap" because they didn't perform like a corvette. The writers clearly loved their work, loved meeting the owners and driving the cars. From MG's and Triumphs to Datsuns, Saabs, Tatras and DeLoreans, there was never any shortage of rare or interesting cars to read about. I'm very sorry to see this magazine go.

IMG_3763.jpg[email protected]
    WoW ! That is the end of an era. We will never see anything like that ever again. Too bad,

My VIN:    5482

Yep... I am bummed about this too. I posted about it last month here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...ic-Car-Closure
    Jeff

Ah. That's what I get for not visiting the forum as much as I used to. That would have softened the blow.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    10309

That was one of two magazines I always read from cover to cover. The other is Porsche EXCELLENCE, another fine magazine although it has become mostly ads so they must be making money. We'll just have to wait and see how the replacement goes.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Ah. That's what I get for not visiting the forum as much as I used to. That would have softened the blow.
    I hear ya. I actually have that HS&EC 2010 issue framed in my office. Here's a pic of a few of my framed treasures including that one.

framedpic.jpg
    Last edited by OverlandMan; 04-09-2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: damn picture orientation and online forums...
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I hear ya. I actually have that HS&EC 2010 issue framed in my office. Here's a pic of a few of my framed treasures including that one.

framedpic.jpg
    Thats a really good idea.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.