FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Seat Protectors

Seat Protectors

I see there are some extensive threads on redoing seat covers, but I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for seat protectors. I've been throwing a beach towel over the seats. This is when I'm working on the car and doing a test drive or just driving for myself and want to protect the leather seats. I see several products that hang over the headrest and have a non-slip underside. They're intended to provide temporary protection when you may be wet, or at the beach, and don't want water, sand, or dirt to get on the seats. Has anyone used them and found a product that works well on the DeLorean?

Ron

My VIN:    16409

This is what I have. I really like them

A1000101.jpg
    https://store.delorean.com/p-10381-d...wel-black.aspx

A1000102.jpg
    https://store.delorean.com/p-10382-d...owel-gray.aspx

I got the black ones. The price seems to have gone up quite a bit from when I bought them. That might be a no go for many people.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10309

$49.95 for an embroidered beach towel? Seems a bit expensive for what you get. Go to ROSS or WALMART and get the plushest bath towel you can find for $12. While you're at it get a matching towel for the floor to go over the $149 floor mats. Then when they get dirty they can go in the wash. Jeez even for those of us who spend a fortune on our cars have to put some common sense to our spending.

My VIN:    10907

I got a set of zebra seat covers at Wal-Mart on clearance for $13. I use them full time but they install with elastic and velcro so it only takes about a minute or two to put one on. They also sell fleece throws there for $2.50 that would probably do in a pinch.