FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: I need new front tires

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I need new front tires

I need new front tires. I have Michelin Pilots and the rears are still in good shape. But the fronts are terrible, bad alignment. I'm afraid to drive on them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't care about matching makes front and back. Just good tires.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    1058

Copper cobras is what I used for ten years

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    16409

I like discount tire direct. I've boughten a couple sets of tires from them. My last set of tires that I bought were a set of Falken ZIEX 912's. They no longer manufacture them under the Flaken brand, but their subsidiary still makes the 195 series tire.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...0&rd=14&cs=195

It's a good price too.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I like discount tire direct. I've boughten a couple sets of tires from them. My last set of tires that I bought were a set of Falken ZIEX 912's. They no longer manufacture them under the Flaken brand, but their subsidiary still makes the 195 series tire.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...0&rd=14&cs=195

It's a good price too.
    Cool. I also have the Falken Ziex. I like them. During my research I found out that Ohtsu was originally the parent company to Falken. Now, both brands are part of the Sumitomo Rubber Industries company. I was so impressed with the Falkens, I bought Ohtsu FP8000 for the Magnum last year, replacing 20" Toyos. I had never heard of them before, but after one year of driving on them every day, I'm totally impressed.

The Ohtsu's in your link have the same tread profile as my Falkens.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Check that there is nothing bent, worn, or broken in the suspension. Get it aligned. Especially important to do if the car was lowered. Also can't hurt to lube the front end, don't forget the angle drive.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Check that there is nothing bent, worn, or broken in the suspension. Get it aligned. Especially important to do if the car was lowered. Also can't hurt to lube the front end, don't forget the angle drive.
    So if the car is at stock height it is less important to have a proper alignment?

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    So if the car is at stock height it is less important to have a proper alignment?
    That is not what I said. If the car was lowered it will affect alignment and adjustments must be made. If the car is at stock height it is more likely the alignment will not have changed. In any case if the tires are worn unevenly the alignment is not correct because of lowering or bent, loose, or worn parts. It should be fixed so you do not ruin the new tires.
    David Teitelbaum

Banned

Cool Falken ZIEX 912's are the best

I too have been using the Falken ZIEX 912's. They lasted me 5 years until I changed them.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I need new front tires

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireRes...=15&zipCode=#0

A couple options anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 04-19-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.