FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Rear Dome Light Not Fitting in Hole

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Rear Dome Light Not Fitting in Hole

I'm working on odds and ends on the car. The rear interior dome light has been hanging by the wires for several years so I'm trying to fix it. I've taken the trim piece off that it fits into so as to get a good look. The light does not fit snugly in the hole. I took out the front dome light and tried fitting it in there also just to rule out that the problem is the light itself but neither will fit snugly in the hole. ANyone have a fix for this? There's not enough of a lip around the edge of the light switch to use velcro and I don't want to glue the switch into the trim piece. Any ideas? It does look like one of the edges of the opening in the trip is not completely flat, it's sightly curved but even it it was straight it looks like the hole would still be too big to hold the light switch.
    Shannon

My VIN:    10353

I have the same problem with mine. Eventually I just snugged it up as far as it would go and it stays put however still looks like it's hanging out a tad.

Feels like it's hitting the lower window frame. I just recently hardwired some LED lights inside and have a strip running just behind the dome light so just leave that light off now anyways.