FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help to identify screws in the luggage compartment under the hood.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Help to identify screws in the luggage compartment under the hood.

Hi everyone

I'm looking to refresh the row of screws, washers and bolts on the body of the car directly under the hood.

I've looked on the DMC store and can't seem to narrow-in on these particular parts. I think it's under the front facia section but it's a pretty confusing diagram and I can't pinpoint exactly what parts these are.

Any help - with links to the part numbers on the DMC store would be amazing.

Thanks,
    Col

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'd give a call to one of the vendors, they'd know for sure. When I need to replace screws/bolts/etc, I just call Toby and tell him which part I need them for.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Colin,

They are SP10459 https://store.delorean.com/p-9694-sems-screw-n8.aspx

They screw into a stainless steel spire nut/clip on the front end support panel.

image.jpg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Colin,

They are SP10459 https://store.delorean.com/p-9694-sems-screw-n8.aspx

They screw into a stainless steel spire nut/clip on the front end support panel.

image.jpg
    Great. Thanks. Do you happen to know what the other screws are along the row. There's two bolts on either end with a giant washer and two inset sunken screws through two small holes.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that if I unscrew these, the supporting spire nut/clip (under the support panel) could fall off into the facia area underneath? I'm not planning to remove the facia so was hoping that it'd be a simple case of unscrew, and replace with a new one? Thanks!
    Last edited by Col Bennett; 04-18-2017 at 11:16 AM.

My VIN:    10353

Why not just mask the original ones off and hit them with a quick spray of black paint each?

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Why not just mask the original ones off and hit them with a quick spray of black paint each?
    That's my plan if it's going to be too much work (see my post above).

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Great. Thanks. Do you happen to know what the other screws are along the row. There's two bolts on either end with a giant washer and two inset sunken screws through two small holes.
    The two inset ones hold the headlight pots/frame to the support panel. You can see them in this picture... http://dmctalk.org/album.php?albumid...chmentid=37800

Can you post a picture of the other bolts? I remember 7 screws with the part number above, and then 2 of the inset ones (which are stainless steel I believe).
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that if I unscrew these, the supporting spire nut/clip (under the support panel) could fall off into the facia area underneath? I'm not planning to remove the facia so was hoping that it'd be a simple case of unscrew, and replace with a new one? Thanks!
    No, the spire nuts are clipped onto the support panel. If you don't move them side to side, you should be alright.

However, there is limited space to remove the 7 screws without removing the hood. It can be done with a creative tool..a shortened Phillps bit and a 1/4" combination wrench. I wouldn't remove the 2 that hold the headlights.
    Dana

Here's a closer look at the bolts with the large washer. They're at the far left and right of the first image I posted.

And here's the little inset screw area, just to the right of the hood bracket.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast