FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DPI headers and starter wiring

My VIN:    1058

You might twist some wire around the shielding. The cable ties will break over time from the heat.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Definitely a good upgrade! Wasn't easy finding one though
    How so? Rockauto has them!
    http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....440155&jsn=304

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

I did buy from rock auto. Couldn't find any in Canada is what I meant.
    Thanks for the tip on the plastic tie wraps. I have metal ones but wanted to make sure everything was routed correctly first.

My VIN:    VIN 5120

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I have the same exhaust. I used heat shield tape to cover the wires. Similar to this:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...32030/10002/-1
    -Jeff

My VIN:    Early

I have the same great exhaust!

I learned my lesson on its first run when my jump wire caught fire. I have since removed the jump wire and installed new battery/alternator wires with a few spark plug covers. I ran the new bundle underneath the new oreilly starter since the fire extinguisher killed my old eagle starter.

image.jpg

Also yes, that extinguisher made that side of the engine look like crap again...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It says that the part is currently out of stock. Although this one is available. Advance Auto also states that they have the unit in stock. Part No. SR6502X. But it's double the cost, and requires a core.

One thing to be careful about with the Eagle Premier is that you buy the correct starter. The Premier when it debuted had two engine choices: 3.0L PRV V6 and the 2.5L AMC I4 (Jeep engine mated to our UN-369 transaxle). How many of those were made, I've no idea. However, lots of databases still include the AMC engine, so be sure and order the correct part.

Also, while I love RockAuto, and it's my go-to for car parts for my other vehicles, be very mindful with them about shipping charges. If you place an order with multiple items, they can ship from multiple warehouses, which means multiple shipping charges. So you may have to jockey parts to consolidate things into a single shipping charge. I.e. spending $2 more on a different air filter in order to avoid an additional $8 shipping fee, because the cheaper one was at a totally different site.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

I went out for my first drive since changing the exhaust. Definitely louder inside the car.
    My idle hunting is actually alot more pronounced than it was with the stock exhaust.
    I changed the oxygen sensor when I did the new exhaust and I had to extend the wiring about 4inches. Could this make the idle hunting worse?
    Maybe it just seems worse because the exhaust is louder?

My VIN:    03572

I went out for my first drive since changing the exhaust. Definitely louder inside the car.
    My idle hunting is actually alot more pronounced than it was with the stock exhaust.
    I changed the oxygen sensor when I did the new exhaust and I had to extend the wiring about 4inches. Could this make the idle hunting worse?
    Maybe it just seems worse because the exhaust is louder?
    Don't think 4 inches of wire would hurt anything. You will need to adjust your "dwell" with a new sensor and the different exhaust.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

It runs perfectly after a minute or two...is it worth adjusting the dwell? Not something I have done before so I am reluctant to mess with it.

My VIN:    03572

It runs perfectly after a minute or two...is it worth adjusting the dwell? Not something I have done before so I am reluctant to mess with it.
    When you adjust the mixture screw, that also affects mixture during warmup. The WUR is factory adjusted expecting the closed loop lambda is properly adjusted. I would think your better flowing exhaust would affect the "dwell" setting.

So yes, I would recommend you check and adjust if not set to book value.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast