So, I bought DAP's "new and improved" clutch bleeder. I thought the flexible braided stainless steel hose would certainly make the bleeding job easier. I had read reviews that when it was first introduced, there were problems with it leaking. But later versions seemed to have corrected that, and later reviews were good.

Here is what I got:
image.jpg

As I opened the box (which didn't have any protective padding), I thought W.....T..... F......

After I got over the fact that it wasn't like what was advertised on the website, I tried to install it to see if this design was really better.

First the positive: I liked how it had matching yellow zinc plating.

Three problems:

1) The threads were not close to being plug and play. It didn't thread in at all. Similar to his barb on the auto bleeder that screws into the thermostat housing that was imperial not metric, I was not going to force a " close enough " thread or have to re-tap the threads on my new slave.

2) Even if it was installed, the rigid pipe points the bleeding end at the heater hoses

3) The short ridged design does not significantly alleviate the need to hunker down around the back of the engine.

I called and requested a refund. John agreed and processed the refund and had this to say about my 4 reasons for the return ( I'm paraphrasing)

Me: It's not at all like the product pictured on your website
John: I don't sell that one anymore

Me: The pipe points the bleeding end directly at the heater hoses
John: The heater pipes are flexible. You can move them out of the way.

Me: The pipe is too short to really make bleeding easier.
John: I sell many of these any others don't have a problem.

Well. It cost me $13 in shipping to return it and a momentary spike in my blood pressure when I realized that I was duped yet again.

I posted this review so that other owners are informed before they click "buy" on this product.

Also, reviews should be fair, so if you actually have one of these new versions installed and if is working for you, please feel free to post your review/ pictures of it in action.