FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New A/C condenser and high pressure switch adaptor

New A/C condenser and high pressure switch adaptor

Hello guys,

do you know if the late VIN high pressure switch adaptor can be mounted on the new parallel flow condensers sold by DMCH? http://store.delorean.com/p-7725-adapter-condenser.aspx

I have found these pics with the new condenser, and it seems that the adaptor can't be placed unless the whole condenser is moved to the driver side of the car..

IMG_3522_Fotor.jpgIMG_3524_Fotor.jpg
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    10270

I would avoid that goofy looking block adapter. There are cheaper and more elegant solutions. You can use an in-line adapter like this:

Attachment 33289

They would be available from most auto AC parts stores.

Or if you have the headroom, you can add the switch directly to the high pressure port at the compressor and route the compressor clutch wire through it.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We offer the adapter above separate from our kit pictured above as well. Shoot an email over for the details on the late style conversion kit! [email protected]
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Thanks, but I am still searching for some feedback from who actually owns/sells the new condenser..
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I am running the new condenser with the adapter block and the DMCEU aluminum rad. Works well.

I am using a gm high pressure switch, it threads in and works fine but it is a normally open switch so I had to modify the wiring.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I am running the new condenser with the adapter block and the DMCEU aluminum rad. Works well.

I am using a gm high pressure switch, it threads in and works fine but it is a normally open switch so I had to modify the wiring.
    Thanks Josh!

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I would avoid that goofy looking block adapter. There are cheaper and more elegant solutions. You can use an in-line adapter like this:

Attachment 33289

They would be available from most auto AC parts stores.

Or if you have the headroom, you can add the switch directly to the high pressure port at the compressor and route the compressor clutch wire through it.
    Question regarding rerouting the high pressure switch wiring from the original location to the updated location next to the condenser. Is there enough slack in the original switch wiring to simply pull it to the new location or do I need to splice some new wiring in to make it long enough?

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    10270

Too short as is, I ran a jumper.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Too short as is, I ran a jumper.
    Awesome, thanks.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com