FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Dash Bulbs part numbers?

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Dash Bulbs part numbers?

Hi guys,

I've checked the parts cross reference sheet and unsuccessfully tried searching the forum to see if this was mentioned before - anyone know what the part number for the dash bulbs is so that I can get a bunch of them locally in the morning?

For reference, these are them listed on DMCH website - if I can't get them locally I'll add them to my next order but I imagine these are pretty standard.

http://store.delorean.com/p-7083-lampsocket-assy.aspx

http://store.delorean.com/p-7081-lampsocket.aspx

Thanks in advance!
    John

My VIN:    2347

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like a pretty standard 194 bulb.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    10287

Yep standard 194 bulbs
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

thanks very much guys!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    thanks very much guys!
    Just a reminder, do NOT change the bulb for the alternator light to an LED. If replacing bulbs with LED's you must test each bulb before reassembly It is possible to install an LED bulb "backwards" and it won't work. If that happens just reinstall 180 degrees. Some LED's will not work with the dimmer. When you take the binnacle out it is good practice to replace every bulb because it is so difficult to get to them. Be careful with that flexible circuit board. Test all functions before reassembly. You might want to clean up where things connect with a small piece of Scotch-Brite so you get good, solid, reliable connections. The copper on that flexible PCB gets oxidized after so many years.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    02530

194s all they way thru except the battery light.. that needs to be a 161. And just like David said make sure you check your connections and clean them up before reassembly. I had mine in and out four times before I got it all working again. Also wouldn't hurt to use some electrical parts cleaner in the sockets if you have any corrosion on them. The 161's can be difficult to find if you need one as most parts stores don't stock them. DMC or Amazon for those.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

All 11 Green base holder bulbs are 161. 2.7W (Indicator/warning).

The 5 black base holder bulbs are 194 3.8w (Cluster illumination)

Fwiw, 168 bulbs are 4.9w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Thanks all.

Regarding the battery light, I have the later generation Valeo alternator (my car has a Renault Alpine GTA engine which used this alternator), so it doesn't depend on the battery light for charging. Anyway, I put all new 194's in the binnacle yesterday, hopefully it won't matter that I didn't put any 161 bulbs in there. I also fitted Ed Uding's new flexible circuit board while I was at it.

My VIN:    02530

Dennis is right about it calling for the 161's in the black sockets and 194's in the greens. I was having a terrible time getting my cluster to light properly with the 161's where they were supposed to be (this was probably mostly the circuit board connection and sockets) but when I finally went for broke and switched them all to 194's my problems went away. Been that way for months now with no issues. You will be good to go.