FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Looking for auto trans throttle spool plate

My VIN:    10270

Looking for auto trans throttle spool plate

DMC p/n 102545. This holds the TV cable (?) for auto trans cars. It's basically a giant washer with a couple of flats.

Looking for one to install a TPS sensor.

DMCH has these optimistically priced at $83. I was going to draw up what I need in CAD but maybe someone has a spare that isn't gold plated?
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We ran remote TPS sensors from TCI just like you are planning to do. Impossible to keep adjusted as the throttle plate arm versus the secondary TPS cable moving is impossible to put perfectly into sync. We can hook you up with one of our modded throttle bodies to save you the trouble of this nightmare.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Let me know what you have!

I knew they would have a nonlinear relationship but it was that bad?

My K-jet switches are gone and I had considered using the real estate to mount TPS cable directly to the throttle lever. That was the original plan but then I saw I could program in 4 point curve on the acceleration enrichment map in Megasquirt and figured I could dial it in reasonably.

BUT I would still like one of these glorified washers to re-route my cruise control cable as my current setup is janky.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

This is our integrated update. We machine and modify existing throttle body assemblies to incorporate a 3 wire TPS sensor. This inverts the spool travel and allows for a straight cable configuration on the opposite side. Deleting the stock spool assembly entirely. throttle spool dpi .jpg
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

That's an attractive piece.

I have a lot to engineer (aka haphazardly whittle) between now and first start. If I need to warp through the throttle zone I'll probably take you up on that.