FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New DMC door handles let water in?

New DMC door handles let water in?

I have installed one new door handle and there is a good size gap at the top of it. I compared it to the original door handles which have a rubber backing to them that seals pretty well around the arms that connect to the handle itself. This new door handle does not seal across the top and does not seal around the arms I connect to the door handle. So I am wondering what it will do when it rains hard. It seems like the water will just roll right into the door. For those of you that have the new door handles – what did you do? Should I put some kind of weather seal around the top at least? Here's a photo of my new door handle installed as tight as it can be. Notice the big gap across the top. Thanks in advance
    Attached Images
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquall View Post
    I have installed one new door handle and there is a good size gap at the top of it. I compared it to the original door handles which have a rubber backing to them that seals pretty well around the arms that connect to the handle itself. This new door handle does not seal across the top and does not seal around the arms I connect to the door handle. So I am wondering what it will do when it rains hard. It seems like the water will just roll right into the door. For those of you that have the new door handles – what did you do? Should I put some kind of weather seal around the top at least? Here's a photo of my new door handle installed as tight as it can be. Notice the big gap across the top. Thanks in advance
    It's a DMCH part. That's all normal.

In all seriousness, if your plastic membrane is installed properly and your drains are clear, you won't have a problem. Doors are designed let water pass through.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3