FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Serious Sh*t" VIN 4529

My VIN:    4529

"Serious Sh*t" VIN 4529

IMG_1898.jpgIMG_1894.jpgIMG_2110.jpgIMG_1738.jpgIMG_1380.jpgIMG_1378.jpg

My first post to the group. Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. I picked it up a couple months ago. VIN 4529. Its an October build car. Gray Auto. The car is in great shape. Really looking to get started brining it back on the road. I am not going to keep the car factory so the motor and trans will be for sale. I guess they're for sale now but I was going to make the car run for a short video but if someone was interested in the parts as they are, I'd certainly sell them. The only other thing it needs right off the bat is the passenger side torsion bar snapped. We have the replacement and will be doing a full roof box repair this weekend. I'll post pics as we go along. My buddy, powerline84 who I am sure most of you have been watching with 2706, will be along for the ride.

My VIN:    2706

The car is amazing shape, great restoration candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    The car is amazing shape, great restoration candidate.
    For sure man. Its been unreal getting yours where it is and I can't wait to get this one up and running.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

So since you're selling off the engine and transmission, what is your plan for the drivetrain?

And welcome to the forum!

Also I agree, you'll definitely be able to ask more for you engine and transmission if you can first prove that they actually run.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    So since you're selling off the engine and transmission, what is your plan for the drivetrain?

Also I agree, you'll definitely be able to ask more for you engine and transmission if you can first prove that they actually run.
    asked the question before I could.

I hope its not an LS swap... so lame...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

You should ask the mods to move this to build thread section. People will want to salivate over delicious pictures of the delorean carcus.lol

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Is that...a rubber chicken?
    -----Dan B.

20170506_072502.jpg

The chicken gets around. As seen in my car on the way to Orlando last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

That's the hope so that it'll help bring this car back. I'm a big fan of LS motors but I dare to be different here...
    The desire is to use a Porsche 928 V8 as it was the motor used for the sound effects in the movie when Doc shows Marty the car in the parking lot. I'm still doing research as to which V8 it actually was and if it will work. I'm of the opinion that if you're hard headed enough, anything can work, we'll see.

I guess I should start a build thread. Rook move....

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyJoe36 View Post
    That's the hope so that it'll help bring this car back. I'm a big fan of LS motors but I dare to be different here...
    The desire is to use a Porsche 928 V8 as it was the motor used for the sound effects in the movie when Doc shows Marty the car in the parking lot. I'm still doing research as to which V8 it actually was and if it will work. I'm of the opinion that if you're hard headed enough, anything can work, we'll see.

I guess I should start a build thread. Rook move....
    Youre certainly a sucker for punishment if you want to drop one of those old 5 liters in there. But if you want to be different it certainly does the trick.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast