Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
Hahahahahaha or you could just send all your extra cash to me....or burn it....or install a 928 engine!
Here is an example of the parts costs. Last year I did an intake refresh on my 928...similar to what is known around here as the valley of death. I decided to change the plastic chain guides because they were brittle and caused a blown engine in my friends car earlier. (They get old, brittle and fall apart). Four tiny 3inch long plastic guides cost me almost $400!!
The engine also has one of the longest timing belts ever on a production car with a crappy hydraulic tensioner that has to be retensioned once after being installed (after 500miles I think). Belt snaps or jumps...you are screwed! Previous mechanic tightened it too much in order to make the warning light disappear...cam gear wear. I had to replace both mine. ($500x2)
Do what you want, but there have got to be better and cheaper ways to get 300hp into a delorean. If you do decide to do it, make sure you create a build thread!!!

John
Damn sure is a pretty engine.