Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LS3 BTTF Delorean drag racing.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

LS3 BTTF Delorean drag racing.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Sounds like it can get into the low 12s at least. Needs some tuning work! good luck adam...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Sounds like it can get into the low 12s at least. Needs some tuning work! good luck adam...
    It's so close to being there. Adam invited me over to see the car last night; it's pretty badass. Ray wasn't lying about that clutch; it is super heavy. Like he said; staging had to be almost impossible. With some more investigation and tuning though, the car will definitely be a rocket.

This is all making me really want to get mine to a drag strip. I've got a little less HP but also a little less weight and might be able to give Adam a run for his money. At least in the interim while he's working out the kinks

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    It's so close to being there. Adam invited me over to see the car last night; it's pretty badass. Ray wasn't lying about that clutch; it is super heavy. Like he said; staging had to be almost impossible. With some more investigation and tuning though, the car will definitely be a rocket.

This is all making me really want to get mine to a drag strip. I've got a little less HP but also a little less weight and might be able to give Adam a run for his money. At least in the interim while he's working out the kinks

I admit, I've never understood the self given title "worlds fastest delorean" when there are several out there running lsX series and don't have the added weight of vents hoses and other crap....
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Weight is one thing for sure, and the suspension/traction is another. Im thinking it will be hard to get out of the 12s without excessive chassis modification. But id love to be proven wrong. 12s are pretty damn fast too.

This has got me wondering what my car can do as well, I'm going to visit the track this year too... Usually the extent of my racing is autocross.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    2894

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    I admit, I've never understood the self given title "worlds fastest delorean" when there are several out there running lsX series and don't have the added weight of vents hoses and other crap....
    Just to clarify, the point of FastestDeloreanInTheWorld.com is to determine who has the fastest and give others a goal to strive for. It's clearly not a self-given title since, well, I don't have it.
    CEO at RentTheDelorean.com
    Dreamer at FastestDeloreanInTheWorld.com
    First & Longest Running Video Blogger at TheOfficialJourney.com ( 1999-2022 )

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKontras View Post
    Just to clarify, the point of FastestDeloreanInTheWorld.com is to determine who has the fastest and give others a goal to strive for. It's clearly not a self-given title since, well, I don't have it.
    "Second" Fastest DeLorean

Seriously though; I'm happy that when I hear or think "Worlds Fastest DeLorean" or "Fastest DeLorean in the World" its no longer related to that grand national car that DMCCA had that supposedly made 575hp. I welcome the fact that there is actually some tangible, credible evidence behind some of the claims of high power, or at least obvious clean operation of the car, beyond video's like this: 576hp DeLorean, especially when this was the truth Worlds Fastest DeLorean -TUNED. Its like that car couldn't be filmed without it ending up broken down. Luckily now, if you google "Fastest DeLorean in the World" you'll get a list of owners that have actually put time and care into making their cars perform well, and not just an embarrassing video that shows a DeLorean with no power breaking down.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 05-11-2017 at 08:15 PM.

My VIN:    6125

Pretty awesome to see a BTTF converted car hauling that much ass. It's almost unnatural to see a DeLorean moving off the line like that.

As a point of comparison I took my stock D to the drag strip and it ran a 17.00 and didn't even hit 88mph

My VIN:    2894

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    "Second" Fastest DeLorean

Seriously though; I'm happy that when I hear or think "Worlds Fastest DeLorean" or "Fastest DeLorean in the World" its no longer related to that grand national car that DMCCA had that supposedly made 575hp. I welcome the fact that there is actually some tangible, credible evidence behind some of the claims of high power, or at least obvious clean operation of the car, beyond video's like this: 576hp DeLorean, especially when this was the truth Worlds Fastest DeLorean -TUNED. Its like that car couldn't be filmed without it ending up broken down. Luckily now, if you google "Fastest DeLorean in the World" you'll get a list of owners that have actually put time and care into making their cars perform well, and not just an embarrassing video that shows a DeLorean with no power breaking down.
    Ha! I never saw that "I just lost the clutch!" video before. I'd seen some from that day, but that made me laugh out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CEO at RentTheDelorean.com
    Dreamer at FastestDeloreanInTheWorld.com
    First & Longest Running Video Blogger at TheOfficialJourney.com ( 1999-2022 )

My VIN:    10201

I was curious as to why the driver was hesitant to push it harder then I saw the Entry #1743

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast