FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Identify This Plug

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I just checked and it seems the potato mounting bracket is NLA

I have one I'll sell you. I'll even include a gallon of torsion bar fluid.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I have one I'll sell you. I'll even include a gallon of torsion bar fluid.
    No thanks, I stocked up when I bought my car, but I'm sure someone may need it.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    What are the wire colors?
    There are two light blue/black wires going into one hole and one black wire into the other.
    Shannon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Identify This Plug

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    There are two light blue/black wires going into one hole and one black wire into the other.
    The only circuit with a LT. BLUE/black tracer is the Cold Start circuit.

I don't recall a two way connector of that type in the engine harness for the cold start circuit.

Are you sure it's not BLACK/Lt. blue tracer?

Perhaps a better photo would help.

Also, if you have a DVM, do some basic continuity test between the connector and the other end in the Bulkhead connection. If you locate the bulkhead connector and pin location we tell you the circuit it belongs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 05-17-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Looks like black with light blue stripe.Connector (Medium).jpg
    Shannon

Black with blue trace is vacuum advance circuit. It may be unused. Since the doubled wires creates a continued circuit to other terminations. The schematic shows a junction connection where the other side is a capacitor/ noise filter to ground. It may have not made it into production. I don't recall seeing one in that location and if the plug looks like it was never connected to anything, I wouldn't worry about it.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Identify This Plug

Shannon

I think you've help me solve own mystery plug.

I have what you might be missing. The funny part is that I don't your plug in my harness. Not on my original late 81 harness or the late model (82 - 83) style I currently have installed.

This is the missing piece of your puzzle.

The white connector goes to the black cylinder in the back ground. It is integrated into the harness that goes to the ignition resistor.

BU is Black blue the made a mistake with the Red dots on the blue wire.

Last edited by DMC5180; 05-19-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    DENNIS

My VIN:    03572

That capacitor for the vacuum solenoid is mounted on the intake manifold on some cars. On my car they put it on the back side of a bulkhead connector but attached to to the wrong side of the solenoid wire (the power side).

What it does is clamp some the inductive spike when the idle switch opens and current stops in the solenoid. I found without that cap that would cause my RPM relay to prime if you stepped on the gas (engine not running). It may also cause a miss fire when you step on the gas from idle (my guess as to why it was used). I put the cap in my idle ECUs.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I've seen pictures of the one tapped into wiring by the idle micro-switch. I don't have one.

I also don't have the plug connector that Shannon has.

I only have the unconnected Cap, unless I have one on the backside of the BH connector like you. But since I have your ECU I guess that doesn't matter

DENNIS

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I've seen pictures of the one tapped into wiring by the idle micro-switch. I don't have one.

I also don't have the plug connector that Shannon has.

I only have the unconnected Cap, unless I have one on the backside of the BH connector like you. But since I have your ECU I guess that doesn't matter

Yes it does not matter since my ECU puts it on the circuit. I wonder if all the caps at the bulk head connector were wired wrong or just mine.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast