FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean Violations on Social Media

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Maybe that was bigfoot..I hear they like shiny things
    Must have been the lesser-known Midwestern Sasquatch, lol. I hear they only have 4 toes.

(It's possible that I just grabbed it while fumbling around in the snow. Sure does look suspiciously like a footprint, though, and I'm not limber enough to close the door with my feet...)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in the fact that I don't mind people touching my car. Or sitting in it - or opening and closing the doors. In fact, there's a kid at a 3D print shop that was so beyond excited to be in the presence of a real DeLorean, I told him I'd come back someday and let him drive it around the parking lot - just to blow his mind. And I will at some point. I get my own fingerprints on it every day, what's a few more?
    Same here. I lost count how many times I let bystanders sit in my car while I take their pics(makes their day). I have even let strangers drive it.

What would set me off however, is for me to come up to my car seeing someone sitting on my hood for a picture. There is a big difference between allowing someone access who has respect for your property and having some entitled punk with no regard for your car jumping on it like it was some kind of ride at the fair.

I will call them out on it.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I had a kid run up and touch the hood after my car had been sitting in the sun all afternoon. Yeah... he learned NOT to do that pretty quick. I wonder, if a child touches a hot panel and they actually burn themselves, could that open us up to a lawsuit?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    I had a kid run up and touch the hood after my car had been sitting in the sun all afternoon. Yeah... he learned NOT to do that pretty quick. I wonder, if a child touches a hot panel and they actually burn themselves, could that open us up to a lawsuit?
    Yes and no. Yes, he can sue you for anything, No he would not have a chance of getting anything but a big bill from his lawyer (if it even made it to court.)

The above advice was accumulated from watching 3.5 episodes of "Law and Order" and 1/2 of an episode of Judge Judy.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yes and no. Yes, he can sue you for anything, No he would not have a chance of getting anything but a big bill from his lawyer (if it even made it to court.)

The above advice was accumulated from watching 3.5 episodes of "Law and Order" and 1/2 of an episode of Judge Judy.
    Whew! Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    The following is not be construed as legal advice (I am merely a law student, not a lawyer):

You could be liable if a child burns himself on your car. The general rule in torts is that "the risk perceived defines the duty to be obeyed."

If there is an unreasonable risk that a child will touch your car, when it's hot, and it's substantially likely the child will be injured, then you could be liable. Generally, the risk that a child would burn his or her self on your car may be quite low, but if you park it outside of an elementary school after a showing of "Back to the Future" on a 100-degree day? Now the risk is much higher, and so your duty of care also increases.

Whether or not you would be liable is a very fact-specific inquiry. There is no one-size-fits-all answer.

My VIN:    10644

I don't suspect that this is the owner of this car. Appears to be in Spain.

20213846_146759619237390_2386576024872681472_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW7d_Ail1fM/

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2