FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Deloreans for sale

2 Deloreans for sale

Hello,

I have 2 Deloreans for sale right now. Bothe 5 speeds.

Car no 1: Gas flap hood car, black interior. Very nice, better than average condition. Interior is perfect, the body is better than average and the frame is excellent. Hasent run in 10 years. Will need all service performed but you will have a great car when done. $24,000

Car no 2: car is currently on eBay. Grey interior, late 81. Was painted at the dealership, I had soda blasted. I cleaned out gas tank and installed new fuel pump, accumulator, warm up regulator, fuel lines and injectors. Powder coated intake, timing gear cover and valve covers as well as all of the brackets. Also replaced all of the hydraulics in the clutch. New struts. Left window is intermittent, right work fine, all relays fuses and breakers replaced. Runs great! Minor damage to front right finder. Breaks still need service.
    $26,500

Located in Indiana

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

VINs and photos, please Is the engine in car 1 shot from sitting? Thanks...

I'll post some pics when I return on Friday or Saturday. I have not replaced the fuel system so I am not going to run it. I did disconnect the RPM relay and it turned over with compression.

Hi

i am looking for a project, but $24k is a lot more than i can afford for a car that could sink another $20k getting it on the road (tank/fuel system/engine could be shot/+all the other D things we know from a sitting car, hydraulics are bound to be shot etc.

if you can come down alot i would be intereted..i can udnerstand you want as much as possible..

it would be to ship to the UK.

i have already restored a D quite a few years agon, but deperate to get back to D ownership!

Regards

Steve

eeek that tow strap is not in the right place!

My VIN:    2692

Interested in car 1, but..24k for a shell...gotta lower that price, especially when running Ds are going for that price

I cleaned out the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump into car number two. It runs and drives now. I am going to be listing it on eBay at the end of the week. It's funny what people consider a "shell". The interior is original and perfect, the frame is perfect, the grain is excellent on a flawless body. Everything electrical works including the windows, radio, headlights and taillights.

Hi Guss23

one or two of us are looking at less, as it is not a running car and needs other work (including upto a rebuild) and hence is considered a project.

a non running car could be a simpler clean out, pump, tank pickup etc, but could also mean a replacement gearbox, engine, including ancillaries such as the fuel distributor etc....all very expensve items

again non running may mean shot electrics, even a couple of window regulators would be $400 or so etc....

then standing a long time may mean all the hydraulics are no good so rebuild or replace (my choice is rebuild), then a set of tyres, most of us would refurb the wheels.

then most project D's would require front rear repaints and stainless work/rebrush....., and interior refurb

so as a project there is a lot of risk as to how much $$$ will be required and this is reflected in the offers you may get...

i appreciate you would like as much as possible, where a purchaser wants as cheap as possible...

just my thoughts......its going to be too much for me....as i am around the $15k for a project D (i appreciate yours may be better quality/less work than this)

i have rebuilt a D previously so aware of what will/may be needed, to get a nicely finished reliable (as much as it can be) Delorean!

Regards

Steve
    ex vin 1621

Wow! You really are experienced and well versed at these cars! I should use you to help me assess the values of the Deloreans I come across as I apairently have been way overpaying. I do want to see the car similar in condition for $15,000 that you get. So, the car you get, you are going to replace everything regardless of if it already works?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast