FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 Deloreans for sale

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I think people would be more receptive to your pricing if you provide more detailed photos. The photos you've posted aren't very clear, several are repeated, and its unclear of which car they are photos of (since you said there are two). You're practically asking someone to buy a car completely site unseen right now. You can't expect someone to trust $21,000 to such little information.

I don't expect anybody to buy a car without talking to me in detail. Unfortunately, my time is extremely limited and I did not get a chance to get the car off the trailer until two days ago. People are relatively insistent on getting photos immediately. I probably should've just waited on the pictures to begin with. I had a chance to get the car cleaned up today and will get better pictures if we have a sunny day tomorrow.

not a good selling strategy really, post few pics of what some of us might perceive as expensive projects, with little information,

then throw a strop and have a go at your potential buyers...i am sure anyone reading this thread would proceed very carefully...

we are a friendly bunch as Delorean fanatics, your tone is not really in the spirit of things.

not quite sure why when your car 1 is in such good condition...you sell it as a non runner, with unknown geabox and engine issues...perhaps a few $$ spent on fuel system, and you'll have a car worth more than your $24k?

but that is your choice and hope you get what you want...

Steve

My VIN:    REDACTED

Quote Originally Posted by steve.s View Post
    i have rebuilt a D previously so aware of what will/may be needed, to get a nicely finished reliable (as much as it can be) Delorean!
    I've worked closely with Jason on many cars, and since he has bought/sold/restored well over 95 DeLoreans, i tend to trust his judgement...
    If there are any specifics you are interested in on either car, I'd be happy to get you that information.
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox
    Find me on Tubi! Rally North America

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

Nicholas R....my vin must have been close to yours during production...vin 1621

guss 23, i wish you luck with your sale, i will not post to this thread further as i do not wish a verbal slanging match, i'll keep looking for my $10-15k project.

in the UK though the money is burning a hole in my pocket, and i am trying not to persuade myself to buy a TVR 4.5L Chimeara while i wait for my D..

Steve

My VIN:    10907

I've got a car I'm happy with and not currently in the market for another, but for the benefit of interested buyers, what condition are the engines in? Is there a lot of rust and sediment in the cooling system?

That was the biggest issue I had with mine - the original owner, as far as I can guess, had parked it since 1993 with water in the system and it caused a lot of rust in the block which led to sediment congealing around the cylinders and crudding up the cooling system, which led to overheating on uphill climbs. It ended up needing the heads pulled to clean it all out. Definitely something to look out for if the car has been sitting for a long time...

My VIN:    16563

If I had to guess, this seller is probably very "done" with selling in a more experienced arena and will most likely stick to ebay or craigslist lol. Sometimes going in to a bar for drink and having a chat with the bartender can result in getting a little more honesty than one might have been expecting.
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

My VIN:    REDACTED

Quote Originally Posted by artisticent View Post
    If I had to guess, this seller is probably very "done" with selling in a more experienced arena and will most likely stick to ebay or craigslist lol. Sometimes going in to a bar for drink and having a chat with the bartender can result in getting a little more honesty than one might have been expecting.
    These pictures are from Jason's (guss23) shop...at any given time his garage is full of project cars, restoration projects, or a friends car that he may be helping out...trust me, HE is the "more experienced arena". If the listing was vague, there was nothing stopping any interested party in sending a PM or making a phone call to get more information. I've seen Jason spend hours on the phone going through everything with someone who was interested in one of the many, many DeLorean's he has sold. If I had to guess, you have guessed incorrectly.

1173866_10153216112635176_177614048_n.jpg1075778_10153021627995176_1519578564_n.jpg
    Kolin Brown
    El Presidente
    Indiana DeLorean Motor Club

VIN 3513 (I think), 1.9L VW TDI (ALH) swap, UN1 trans, mechanical injection, Holset HE200WG turbo, Certified Shitbox
    Find me on Tubi! Rally North America

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2