FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Unique Turbo Parts: Upgraded BAE manifold adapters, UTCIS-PT, AC WOT kick-down relay

My VIN:    10270

Unique Turbo Parts: Upgraded BAE manifold adapters, UTCIS-PT, AC WOT kick-down relay

Selling some parts from my old setup. After a year and 2000 miles of running super k-jet, I'm migrating to EFI for added complexity

Price are not shipped. PM with your country and desired delivery speed for quotes. The UTCIS and turbo parts are not plug & play by any means but I am happy to share everything that I have learned while using them.

UTCIS-PT: Boost-sensitive programmable control pressure regulator: $450

If you are running a BAE or Island kit in default form, the enrichment method is questionable and untunable. The UTCIS replaces your CPR with a serviceable and USB programmable unit. Add or remove fuel wherever needed to increase the efficiency of your tune.

Also included is a vacuum switch and wiring for the Jetronic Lambda controller to fully emulate the warm-up enrichment not present in the UTCIS program. The UTCIS dude swears this isn't required but it was for me.

New units are $700 and require a $200 programming adapter. If you buy mine, you get the next to latest version which has identical implementation to the current model but still has a traditional USB port. I will also provide a path for installation and tips for working with the UTCIS software.

Then, once you have the UTCIS running, sell your old WUR and recoup a significant portion of your investment
    UTCIS.jpg

BAE intake adapter pipes modified and fully tested for water injection and constant crankcase ventilation: $200 for both, not separating

These two BAE manifold adapters have had the following modifications made:

Throttle body adapter: Professionally TIG welded and pressure tested 1/8" NPT bung for improved crankcase ventilation. The stock location on the cold start tube becomes pressurized under boost causing the exact problem it is intended to cure. Neither BAE or Island even included check valves for this hose. Excessive cc pressure leads to blowback / oil consumption / octane dilution / sticking rings / other stuff commonly misassociated with a "blown" motor.

By moving the PCV pre-turbo, a source of vacuum will always be present to aid in evacuating crankcase pressure buildup, which tends to happen even more with a turbo installed

NOTE: A catch can or additional pre-filter is highly recommended. The air/oil separator in the oil fill cap is good but you really don't want to pull crankcase oil fumes into the turbo. The pressure diff between the turbo inlet and crankcase will be higher than normal under heavy load.
    BAE_PCV.jpg

Intake Manifold Adapter: 2x 1/8" NPT bungs have been added to the side for hobbs-type switches, and 2x 1/8" NPT bungs have been added to the discharge pipes for water injection nozzles. All professional TIG welds and fully pressure tested. With this adapter, you don't have to drill & tap your factory manifold adapter for boost pressure switches. If you are H2O injection curious, I spent quite a bit of time getting the depth on the injection bungs just right to get the atomized stream directly into the airflow.

Unused ports can be blocked with 1/8" NPT pipe plugs.

Pics are of these pieces shortly after installation so they are a bit dirty. The shiny spots are areas I had just ground down to minimize the adapters from rubbing together. Not visible once installed and much less shiny now. Both pieces are off of the car and ready to ship but it's super cold out so I haven't had a chance to take newer pics.
    BAE_H2O.jpg

AC Relay wide-open kickdown adapter: $30

I used this in tandem with a boost pressure switch to shut off the AC compressor under heavy load. Helps you get all of the horsepowers when passing or accelerating heavily If you engage the WOT switch, the AC compressor kicks off.

It's a plug & play deal, just disconnect the bulkhead connector and plug this inline. AUTO TRANSMISSION - an additional pass-through wire is required. Since I have a 5-speed I didn't include the kickdown switch wire.

AC_RELAY.jpg
    Last edited by FABombjoy; 03-14-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Bosch Fuel Distributor 0438100109: $300

15k-ish miles, fully functional, system pressure in spec. Comes with the banjo bolts.

Bosch_FD.jpg

Other things, all functional from my '82. Any interest?

-Cold start valve
    -Ballast resistor
    -Idle speed motor & pipe of agony
    -Thermo-time switch
    -OEM fuel lines
    -Fuel pump boot, basket, hard return line, banjo bolt, check valve
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

More K-Jet Parts

6 K-Jetronic fuel injectors with clips and seals. Seals were new in 2004 and are still pliable. < 17k miles: $150 for the set
    FS-Injectors.jpg

Idle Air Control Valve / Idle Speed Motor: $75
    FS-IAC.jpg

Vacuum Solenoid: $25
    FS-Vacuum-Solenoid.jpg

K&N Air Filter 33-2002, ~6k miles: $30
    FS-K&N.jpgFS-K&N-Bottom.jpg

Sold:

Fuel Distributor
    Idle Air Valve

All other parts still available

Sold:
    Jetronic ECU
    Frequency Valve

Fuel pump parts

Fuel pump sealing boot, support ring, return line & clamp: $50

IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg

Sold parts:
    UTCIS