FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New Owner, Power brake booster question

New Owner, Power brake booster question

I just bought my first Delorean. When I start the car with my foot on the brake the pedal goes down after start(maybe an inch down). The brake pressure needed to stop the car isn't too bad but then again I have a few cars without power brakes so I'm not sure if the pressure is normal. Could it be I have a bad booster? Maybe a check valve or vacuum hose leak? I'm really loving the car so far

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Sounds fairly Normal, your booster is working, vacuum is applied to the front side of the chamber to assist your foot pressure. Might not be a bad idea to bleed your brake system in case you have a little air in the system. The other thing you may be feeling is internal expansion of the original rubber brake hoses to the calipers. Many owners have changed them out with modern stainless braided lines that don't expand to the degree that the OE hoses do. They provide a firmer feel.

Another thing you might check is how long your vacuum system is holding time after shutdown. Rapid bleed down or hissing within the A/C mode switch is not uncommon either. Usually you can exercise the A/C vacuum servos a few times before you run out of reserve vacuum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.