FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: WOT (Wide Open Throttle) sensor... part no, cost?

My VIN:    SCEDT26T4DD016387

Club(s):   (DOA) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

WOT (Wide Open Throttle) sensor... part no, cost?

We're does one get the WOT sensor? Mine seems to have lost its plunger/spring(?). Will my car run okay without it, as long as I don't go WOT?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

WOT (Wide Open Throttle) sensor... part no, cost?

It's a switch, not sensor.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6650-mic...with-flap.aspx

All it does is richen the mixture a little under wide open throttle acceleration as long as you don't floor it you won't miss it or hurt anything. Even if you do floor it without it doubt you'll notice anything from the slightly leaner condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3937

Just to add to what Dennis said, you can unplug it if you think it isn't working. Unplugging it leaves the circuit open, which is better than if it has failed closed and is telling the fuel system you've got the accelerator floored the whole time (constantly giving you a little extra fuel). The connector is the Tetris puzzle piece looking thing right above it.

Assuming you have a manual trans car? The automatic trans cars have two of these switches stacked on top of each other (one with the actuation flap and one without). They both engage under full throttle. The second one on the automatics tells the shift computer to drop it down one gear. It's not needed on the manual trans cars but the wiring harness is still there with the second connector. Just a little Dunmurry bonus to help confuse you.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Not exactly sure what your problem is. If your plunger is stuck closed the spring is likely OK... check out: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...ichment-Switch

If you do not replace wit original, just about any micro-switch that meets spec can be used. The problem usually is matching to the mounting method.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Same thing happened to mine when I ran that engine. The plunger fell out leaving just the plastic housing and metal tab remaining in place - there was no longer any plunger for the tab to press in.

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Not exactly sure what your problem is. If your plunger is stuck closed the spring is likely OK... check out: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...ichment-Switch

If you do not replace wit original, just about any micro-switch that meets spec can be used. The problem usually is matching to the mounting method.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    SCEDT26T4DD016387

Club(s):   (DOA) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Same thing happened to mine when I ran that engine. The plunger fell out leaving just the plastic housing and metal tab remaining in place - there was no longer any plunger for the tab to press in.
    That's exactly what happened to mine... took out the throttle assembly to clean it up and the plunger went missing. I've no doubt that the unit is functional, just the damn plunger is missing.