FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got pulled over for doing 88

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Just saw it on the local cable news channel here in NJ. For $400 you're famous! A lot of people would gladly pay $400 for that kind of publicity!
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

your ticket news is gradually taking over my fb news feed and now i have family emailing me about it too. i hope it was worth it for you!

enjoy being (in)famous!

My VIN:    10162

Yeah, this is all getting kind of weird, I want to try to collect the newspapers or something so I can take them to car shows. Sorry about it blowing up everywhere, I thought it would just be a little local story that only DeLorean geeks would care about. There was even a little blurb on Good Morning America. And this afternoon I'm going to be interviewed on a BBC radio show.

The only thing that kind of makes me mad is when people say the DeLorean is super slow or that they suck, they really are not that bad even when they are stock. I mean yeah they can be a headache, I've only had mine a month and the brakes are bad, the AC isn't working and to dome lights won't turn off when I close the doors, but thats part of the charm of the car. Mine is a Stage II so it is pretty fast.

Anyway here's a link to the Good Morning America thing,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/back-future...ry?id=47721412

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Im amazed that someone getting a speeding ticket could get so much coverage...Yeah, its a Delorean and yeah it was going 88..but...its just a speeding ticket...lol

That being said...at least we know the Delorean is special enough to spark that kinda thing....you never see the news about a ferrari getting a ticket...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

One more, so the LA Times has done the best interview yet, a lot of info about the DeLorean in general (not just my car but DeLoreans all around) They got some stuff wrong but what can you do?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html
    Last edited by Boingonut; 05-30-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Boingonut View Post
    One more, so the LA Times has done the best interview yet, a lot of info about the DeLorean in general (not just my car but DeLoreans all around) They got some stuff wrong but what can you do?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html
    Very cool! I don't think my stock D could even reach 150 mph.

My VIN:    3937

You can add Canada to your list of fame...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/back-to-...ook%3Anational

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    Very cool! I don't think my stock D could even reach 150 mph.
    I hit 130 on a closed interstate road rally. It still had more in it but I started thinking How old are the parts in this car? took it down to 90 till we hit the unclosed portion. is unclosed a word?
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    07000

So does your car have the blue neon lights under it, or did the LA Times Photoshop that in? And is that the McFly house behind you in the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    So does your car have the blue neon lights under it, or did the LA Times Photoshop that in? And is that the McFly house behind you in the pic?
    Its got blue LED's in the engine bay, the interior and under it. It also has a hardwired full sized flux capacitor. I took out the flux capacitor out, but it is easy to put it back in. Also I have a BTTF speedo.

Thats actually my house, but almost all houses in Southern California built in the 60's kind of look like the McFly house
    Last edited by Boingonut; 05-31-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast