FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got pulled over for doing 88

My VIN:    10162

Just got pulled over for doing 88

Ok, so I've had my DeLorean for about a month now and I decided to take my mom for a drive. It had been her first time in it on the freeway so I decided to take it up to 88. I have a BTTF digital speedo so once I hit 88 I started to slow down. However right as I hit 88 I saw a cop pull out and I knew I was nailed. Anyway I drove to an exit, got out all of my registration and insurance and drivers license. The cop comes to the door, I open the gullwing and he has a big smile on his face. He asks "I pulled you over for speeding, do you know how fast you were going" I answered "Did you get me on the radar gun" He said "yup" and I said "Ok, how fast was I going?" And he said "88 Miles per hours" and we both just broke out laughing, my mom was laughing so hard I was hoping he didn't think we were drunk.

Anyway I give him all the stuff, he goes back to his car. Then he comes back out and has his radar gun and says "do you want to take a picture of the radar gun?" I say "Hell yeah!" So I take a picture.

He then goes back to his car and does cop stuff. He comes back and says he's got to do his job and says he is going to give me a speeding a ticket. I say thats ok, and I understand. I sign the ticket and then we then talked a bit about the car and I told him it had a stage II engine and exhaust and I just explained what that all meant. He was actually really cool about it and genuinely interested in the car. Not enough to get out of the ticket though I guess.

Anyway I don't think I'm going to even try to get out of the ticket, I'm probably going to frame it!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Boingonut; 05-27-2017 at 01:37 AM.

My VIN:    10644

Nice! I mean, obviously slow down, but that's great that you were both able to geek out about it. I was waiting in line at the toll booth on the San Mateo bridge and a cop came up to say that he always wanted to pull a DeLorean over at 88. I told him to come catch up with me on the bridge, but of course he was busy and I wasn't in a hurry. Good guy though.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hehe...Prolly one of the few times cops will laugh about having to pull some nutjob over going 88...

Guess I'll have to get some gps or something...mine speedo only goes to 85
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4665

Great story. Now that cop has a story to tell too!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

My VIN:    4519

Cool story!

If the court is as cool as the cop, you probably stand a good chance of pleading that one down.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Speeding tickets have become more about the revenue than safety. The systems are set up so once you are pulled over the officer has to give you a ticket, he can't just give you a warning and let you go. You can certainly try to plead it down. When you get to court speak to the prosecutor and try to make the best deal you can. Do not just plead guilty and pay the fine. Go to court if you have the time.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Speeding tickets have become more about the revenue than safety. The systems are set up so once you are pulled over the officer has to give you a ticket, he can't just give you a warning and let you go. You can certainly try to plead it down. When you get to court speak to the prosecutor and try to make the best deal you can. Do not just plead guilty and pay the fine. Go to court if you have the time.
    +1

My VIN:    10162

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon