FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got pulled over for doing 88

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

Man, that's one thing to say you were going 88, but to have it right there on the gun... that's funny.
    I think we all go 88mph on occasion. I did it about an hour into my drive home from getting the car, once I was comfortable and settled in.
    "If you're going to spend your inheritance on a car, why not do it with some style!"

My VIN:    10907

My VIN:    10162

Actually international!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-DeLorean.html

I also got interviewed by the local TV news on KTLA, they are going to air the story at around 10:20 tonight (pacific time). They will put it up on the internet so I'll post a link once its up. Its kind of wild!

Use your fame for good...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

And thus began an era where Delorean owners were hitting 88 just to get tickets and become part of the legend.......
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Well, at least it would dispell some of the misconceptions about the car being slow...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I always miss out on all the fun (mines still spread out in the garage)....lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5757

You made the Drudge Report.

My VIN:    10162

I'm kind of having a hard time keeping up with all of the different news outlets that have picked up the story. I want you guys to know that this was the first place I posted about the story.

Last evening I had a local Los Angeles TV station, KTLA, come over and interview me. They took a lot of video of the car and ran it on the evening news, its kind of crazy...I think I should put together a gofundme or something to pay for an almost $400 ticket, that way I can use the money to fix the AC and the breaks haha!

Here is a link to the KTLA video:

http://ktla.com/2017/05/29/delorean-...to-the-future/

Quote Originally Posted by Boingonut View Post
    I'm kind of having a hard time keeping up with all of the different news outlets that have picked up the story. I want you guys to know that this was the first place I posted about the story.

Last evening I had a local Los Angeles TV station, KTLA, come over and interview me. They took a lot of video of the car and ran it on the evening news, its kind of crazy...I think I should put together a gofundme or something to pay for an almost $400 ticket, that way I can use the money to fix the AC and the breaks haha!

Here is a link to the KTLA video:

http://ktla.com/2017/05/29/delorean-...to-the-future/
    Did you take a close look at the ticket to see if there were any errors on it? I've heard (but not tested this myself) that if the cop wrote down your plate wrong or something like that, it can be an automatic dismissal. I once showed up at the courthouse and they couldn't find my ticket in the system (which was lucky for me since it was my 2nd one in a year). Crossing my fingers that you have an error in your favor! I read a book on how to get out of tickets once that said your case can be dismissed if the cop doesn't show up in court to testify. Maybe the guy will cut you a break since he obviously found you to be the highlight of his day. Whatever you do, don't piss off the judge if you contest the ticket - one of my coworkers went to court and the judge doubled his fine because they thought he had a bad attitude or something.

For your and others' future (no pun intended) reference, central UT and other mountain states have 80mph limits - probably a safer place to go if you want to test your flux capacitor, LOL...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast