FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dashlights and charging issues

My VIN:    2706

Dashlights and charging issues

Ok so I am having charging issues in my car. On top of that the only lights that work currently are the headlight green symbol and a backlight behind the spedo. All the gauges work.
    Battery light does not illuminate when key is turned to on 20170526_144431.jpg20170527_124720.jpg20170527_150242.jpg20170527_150247.jpg20170527_150254.jpg20170527_150300.jpg20170527_151814.jpg
    Brand new alternator and plug.
    -new 4 gauge ground from alternator to valve cover.
    -fuze block is new.
    -fuze number 5 is checked and operational.
    -put a new bulb in the battery light socket.
    -there was minor damage at plug on circuit board. A couple of the cooper leads are lifting up but still looks decent.
    -wngine harness is new 83 nos.

I am at a loss ...do I need a new printed circuit?

Please help lol

Jimmy
    Last edited by powerline84; 05-27-2017 at 05:02 PM.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Did you check all the bulbs in there? If they are the original, its possible they may have gone bad.

if the car isnt charging, you may need to test everything in there starting with checking that you have around 14v at the battery when the car is running, then at least you know the alternator isnt at fault.

Check bulkhead connectors and make sure they are good and tight, maybe even pull them and clean the contacts. I use electronic cleaning spray, which does pretty good and dries super fast.

Once you know you have good charge going to the battery, test the pins on the connector to see if youre getting power there (get a wiring diagram, itll help)

Im in a similar situation, trying to diagnose why im not getting power to the radio socket (yaay for electrical things)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

If the battery warning lamp is not illuminating then the charging system will not work properly. You have to make sure the pathway on the circuit board is intact and providing a solid continuous connection. You can solder breaks in the circuit board and glue the copper tabs back down. I had a circuit board give me fits because I couldn't get the tabs lined up and glued down neatly and stay. I bought the new one delorean.eu sells, tabs and circuits built into the board not peeling off the plastic backing like NOS, much better and no problems since.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Been multimeter crazy all day. Broke down and ordered a new circuit board as mention above. Mine looks pretty rough in a few spots.

New parts never a bad idea...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I don't think it's the whole problem but it needs to be addressed....josh has been helping me all day. I had to walk away today. I'll resume tomorrow. I was ready to throw shit lol

Understand that completely...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I think we have your harnesses pretty well tested out. The board is the likely culprit at this point. We will do some jumper techniques tomorrow if you have time.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    Been multimeter crazy all day. Broke down and ordered a new circuit board as mention above. Mine looks pretty rough in a few spots.
    A few years back I had several lights out and gauge issues when I first powered things up from a 5 month winter nap. I ended up removing every bulb and socket along with instrument contact nuts and cleaned everything with tarn-x. Every exposed copper trace contact was cleaned. I reassembled all of it and everything worked perfectly after that.

That being said, now that Delorean Europe has New remanufactured PCB's
    I will be replacing the old one since there are connector tabs popped loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

lucky?

Iv'e never had the binnacle off and all dash lites work....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast