FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Driving 4728

My VIN:    4519

I've been driving all week, taking advantage of the nice weather as I drive around without my doors completely sealed -lol.

Today I got pulled over for an expired NYS inspection (which I was aware of.) While I'm pulled over with my door open, a dude in the oncoming lane comes to a complete stop and compliments me on the car....acts like the cop isn't even standing there -lol. A few minutes later another cop car stops for the usual "check" and comments on the car as well. No ticket, all's well..

Most comments in the past few weeks are sincere questions and legit inquiries...I hardly ever get cocaine jokes (which I don't mind at all.) This afternoon in a parking lot, a late 50-ish guy with his wife were admiring the car and [not in a mean-spirited way] he said something about: "not having enough cocaine for the cars," so I said: "this one came with enough!"

I also saw a newer Lotus passing me on the highway, the dude driving appeared thrilled to see a DeLorean.

We have a very stormy forecast for a few days, so I have my car in my garage and will complete the projects involving seals & sealing.

I drove quite a bit since my last post, it's been a good year....I put on ~1300 miles from mid-July to the end of October.

Car has been parked for the past 3 weeks, and a big winter storm is about to hit my area today/tomorrow, so that's a wrap until Spring.

I have a purchase pending on another D, details to follow after I complete the transaction.

Finally driving season where I live, been enjoying the weather this past week.

Having two DeLoreans isn't as much fun as it sounds, I've had "analysis paralysis" deciding on what to work on. 4519 is still on stands, waiting for me to stop procrastinating.
    op req.

Gonna drive it as much as possible for the next few months, and in that time get focused on rebuilding the brakes & clutch hydraulics on 4519 so I can drive it.
    Last edited by Ron; 08-30-2020 at 05:15 PM.

The weather is nice this weekend! Yesterday I changed the oil, today I'm going to do a thorough cleaning & take pics for the sales listing.

I've driven ~3800 miles this year, hopefully get a bit more driving time before the season ends.

Last night had a 106 mile round trip. There's a nice 30 mile stretch that has a lot of curves, and there were hardly any cars on the road last night. Nice!

Tonight I took one of my wife's friends on a drive for her birthday; she's an 80's girl, and likes DeLoreans. We drove ~50 miles of scenic roads in the Adirondacks, playing 80's Metal, Hairbands...etc. Her family surprised her with the plan for me to pick her up; they were outside with her when I pulled up, blasting Poison. 'Errbody's happy!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Nice of you to do that. Isnt that the only song Poison made? hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Nice of you to do that. Isnt that the only song Poison made? hehe.
    Wut...(?)

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

My wife and I put about 100 miles on mine going to a nearby town festival/cruise in/parade. On the way home we blasted AC/DC, Cinderella, and tons more of 80's hair bands. Love driving at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    My wife and I put about 100 miles on mine going to a nearby town festival/cruise in/parade. On the way home we blasted AC/DC, Cinderella, and tons more of 80's hair bands. Love driving at night.
    Nice!

Last night I took a friend for a "end of the season/selling the car soon" ride. We drove about 30 miles.

We stopped in a tourist town and had the doors open; some people came by & mentioned the car looked like a BTTF car. My friend responded: "ya, we just came from the future." -I kinda like having a co-pilot to field the comments!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast