1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    We're going to race, right?
    Hahaha....!

You can race Jimmy; I'll be a spectator & take pics of the fire trails you'll leave.

APRIL 81

My VIN:    0952

This is great reference. I'm in the process of fixing a minor scratch to an otherwise perfectly original fascia. These pics help a lot. I know I'm digging up an old thread, but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZ_DMC View Post
    This is great reference. I'm in the process of fixing a minor scratch to an otherwise perfectly original fascia. These pics help a lot. I know I'm digging up an old thread, but thanks!
    Coincidence, I just came to the site to revive my restoration thread after having my car sit on stands for 20 months.....that's why this is an old thread.

I just uncovered it last night, and replacing the exhaust today.....back on the road soon!

APRIL 81

My VIN:    0952

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Coincidence, I just came to the site to revive my restoration thread after having my car sit on stands for 20 months.....that's why this is an old thread.

I just uncovered it last night, and replacing the exhaust today.....back on the road soon!
    Good timing. I'll be following along!

Today I drove my car for the first time since Oct 2017. It was stands waiting for me to install my new Deloreango exhaust, plus I got over my head renovating my kitchen/livingroom/hallway. Or, maybe I was just in mourning 'cause Jimmy moved away and I couldn't bear to even look at my

1/2 mile from my house I saw a cloud of smoke in my rearview, so I went back home. It appeared to have been coolant overflow onto my exhaust, so I went back out, taking my youngest to the grocery store.

We had an average amount of spectators, and while stopped for gas a woman came over and asked to take a pic to show her boys.

I added a can of seafoam when I filled the tank....1/2 mile down the road I had trouble when restarting from a stoplight: no power. I was thinking: "WTH, did that Seafoam do something? Did a carb linkage come off?" I limped over to the side of the road, checked the carb linkage, revved the engine, checked the gauges...all seemed well. I put it in 1st gear & drove off just fine....then it hit me: I was in 3rd gear from a dead stop instead of 1st. LMAO! It's been too long since I drove my car.

When I got home, I could hear a weird exhaust noise like a leak or something. I found there was nothing in that threaded hole on the driver's side header....I forgot to tighten the sensor I put in there! I backtracked a little and found it in the road.

Overall it was a good shakedown drive, and I tested an FM transmitter/bluetooth thing that Nightflyer Josh turned me on to. It's awesome, now I won't need to install a new head unit & amp this year. I love it.

The DeLoreango exhaust sounds really good, I can hear my music and have a conversation with the passenger. My wife likes the sound of it too, so that'll be a plus for sure (one less thing for her to dislike about the car -lol)

Today was a good day....!

I've been driving my car every day since I decided to reassemble the roof panel and leave the rest "as-is."

I'm glad I decided to sideline the projects I piled on when I removed the roof panel. I currently have no headliner, roof seals, outer seals, or louver. I'll get it it all done in the next few weeks, but prioritizing drive time for now. The nights here have been in the 50's...reminds me of how short the driving season is where I live.

Last night I sealed a vacuum leak, tonight I tuned the carb and drove 33 miles. The car really moves, it has the most HP I've experienced between this one & my previous stock auto.

211 miles driven so far this year...

My VIN:    2706

Red face

Damn I need to drive mine. Between work and house it's not been a priority but family visiting this week so I'll get her out.

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    Damn I need to drive mine. Between work and house it's not been a priority but family visiting this week so I'll get her out.
    Get some miles in it man!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Someone please tell me about "cars & coffee" gatherings. I usually don't go to car shows (with/without my car) but have been to a cruise-in twice, and once went to a show with Jimmy & his car.

I'm making plans to meet with a friend I haven't seen in a few years. He currently has a Porsche and is going to a cars & coffee at a Porsche place tomorrow...he invited me to bring my car.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast