Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4519

Still working 12-16 hour days and haven't driven my car much [if at all] since the A&W visit.

Today was the first day of school for my kids and my daughter's friend wanted me to drive her to school 'cause it's her birthday. Sooooo.... at 10PM last night I was cleaning my car, checking tire pressures....etc. Unfortunately it was raining this AM and I really didn't want to drive my sparkly-clean undercarriage on the wet road, but I even less wanted to disappoint the birthday girl. I wish I got pics, my daughter and the birthday girl were thrilled and everything went well.

Dropping kids off to school in a DeLorean is pretty awesome, the kids love it. This AM the administrators were out front welcoming the kids on the first day back; a suit & tie dude had a classic "WTF" look on his face, and most everyone else was gawking.

In other driving news:

I'm planning to meet Jimmy in upstate NY at a car show on the 16th. I don't do car shows, but this looks like a nice town and as good a reason as any to meet up with Jimmy & see the awesome 2706 project. It'll be my longest drive since putting 4728 on the road this year. I'm guaranteed not to break down since it's only 175 miles, I have AAA Premier (or whatever you call it,) and I know the AAA towing guy.

It would be great to see Nick, Dustybarn, and Jonathan there.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Pretty cool. You need to get one of them drones you can program to follow you and capture all the people gawking...hehe.

Suit and tie dude prolly didnt know what kinda car it was..thats usually when people get the wtf look.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    2706

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Still working 12-16 hour days and haven't driven my car much [if at all] since the A&W visit.

Today was the first day of school for my kids and my daughter's friend wanted me to drive her to school 'cause it's her birthday. Sooooo.... at 10PM last night I was cleaning my car, checking tire pressures....etc. Unfortunately it was raining this AM and I really didn't want to drive my sparkly-clean undercarriage on the wet road, but I even less wanted to disappoint the birthday girl. I wish I got pics, my daughter and the birthday girl were thrilled and everything went well.

Dropping kids off to school in a DeLorean is pretty awesome, the kids love it. This AM the administrators were out front welcoming the kids on the first day back; a suit & tie dude had a classic "WTF" look on his face, and most everyone else was gawking.

In other driving news:

I'm planning to meet Jimmy in upstate NY at a car show on the 16th. I don't do car shows, but this looks like a nice town and as good a reason as any to meet up with Jimmy & see the awesome 2706 project. It'll be my longest drive since putting 4728 on the road this year. I'm guaranteed not to break down since it's only 175 miles, I have AAA Premier (or whatever you call it,) and I know the AAA towing guy.

It would be great to see Nick, Dustybarn, and Jonathan there.
    Yeah man it'll be a good time. I'll have the beers cold.

My VIN:    4519

This past weekend was my first trip with 4728; I drove ~180 miles to Clayton NY, met w/Jimmy & saw his awesome restoration of 2706, then drove home the next day.

The car performed well, I had only one mechanical issue (accelerator pump linkage came off...easy fix.) It ran nice & cool...stayed below the 160 degree mark the entire trip. I still have the Hervey exhaust, which is way too loud. I'm planning to run it for the rest of the season, then change it out this Winter.

My Lambda light came on as I left Jimmy's driveway; this somewhat confirms for me that the odometer was close to the actual miles of the car. I got the car with ~29.7K miles; the condition of the car appeared [to me] to reflect that number, so the additional miles I added since ownership would put it right at 30K.

I met Jimmy at the 1000 Islands Street meet, but left my car at his house. I've been online friends with him for a few years, it was cool to meet in person. His restoration is going great, he bought the car in December and has done about 4 years worth of work in 9 months. He installed a Spec 1 engine...feels like twice the HP as my car. The car show was pretty cool, and his was the only DeLorean there.

The 1000 Islands area is very nice, and the weather was great.....the trip was a complete success and really firmed up my satisfaction with the restoration of 4728. There's something about a long trip that helps bond an owner to a car, I think.

I'll post pics soon...

Was a damn good time Rich. Totally agree about the connection with a car after a roadtrip. Your car was really nice. Jelouse of the cosmetics lol. Till the next time !

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Awesome...sounds like you had a good trip. Great that she's running well and everything seems sorted.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Have any more info on that Mini? Interesting looking oddball.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

1978 Leyland clubman estate I fully restored mechanically for my wife. Rare model. Imported from Britain. Only a little more than a 1000 made. Only 2 years I believe. The original designer of the mini hated it and cancelled design. I built that motor on my welding table. It's a 998. The original 1098 is in the garage. It's certified car by the British registry . We named it alf. After the 80s Alf. Two Alf dolls in back seat. My wife drives the shit out of it in summer .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast