FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving 4728

My VIN:    2483

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    On the way home my clutch pedal went to the floor.
    Never a dull moment.

My VIN:    4519

When the clutch pedal is pressed, the fluid in the reservoir rises...I'm reading that's a symptom of a bad master clutch cylinder.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Did you at least get the ice cream before you broke your clutch?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Driving 4728

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    When the clutch pedal is pressed, the fluid in the reservoir rises...I'm reading that's a symptom of a bad master clutch cylinder.
    Yup, the cup seal has failed. As you push the piston forward in the cylinder, the fluid displacement moves to the area of least resistance. I this case it's backwards up the reservoir hose.

The general rule is, if you need to replace one clutch hydraulic component, you do both. The rubber components have a finite life span.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 06-11-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Yup, the cup seal has failed. As you push the piston forward in the cylinder, the fluid displacement moves to the area of least resistance. I this case it's backwards up the reservoir hose.

The general rule is, if you need to replace one clutch hydraulic component, you do both. The rubber components have a finite life span.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dennis,

The slave is new, the master is newly rebuilt. I'm thinking something is awry with the master....maybe a rebuild wasn't enough.

Took my wife for a ride, and she actually had a good time.....how about that?!

20170610_212658 - Copy.jpg

She even maintained a good attitude when my clutch hydraulics failed on the way home, I think she's on her way to becoming a DeLorean fan....lol

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Sooo...everytime you take her somewhere in the car, it breaks?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I went out with my wife & another couple last night (driving a '77 pickup) and finally got some cocaine jokes!

On the approach to the restaurant, small group outside on the deck:

Guy: "Hey...does your DeLorean have the original tires?!"
    [Cynical] Me: "Ya -35 friggin' year old car and I have the original tires....watch, I'll light 'em up when I leave." (Group laughs.)
    Lady in group: "Is it OK that I go check it out? I really want to see it close up."
    Me: "Sure...just don't sit on it. :-) "
    Lady: "I won't....thanks!" :-)

Returning to the deck with our drinks:

Guy[s]: "You know why we asked about the tires, right? Did you know about the DeLorean & cocaine?"
    [Cynical] Me: "Naaaw.....I own a DeLorean but don't know a thing about it."
    Everyone: LOL
    Guy[s]: Well, the guy that made the cars hid cocaine in the tires before they shipped from the factory.....that's why we were messin' with ya about original tires."
    Me: "Nope....that's bullshit. The cocaine was hidden in the door panels, and it was only in one car.......that one (I point at my car.)"
    Everyone: LOL.
    Me: "That's how I was able to afford the car."
    Guy:"lol....buy the car one day, pay the loan off the next....lol."
    Me: "Yup....lol"

Guy: "I do like your car, it's really cool....no offense, but I'm actually more into the truck...very nice!"
    Me: "The truck is nice, and the owner is nice......the DeLorean? -owner is a total asshole."

Everyone in hearing distance laughs.

Then we all chilled together having drinks while waiting for our table, they were nice guys. Once inside, I said to my group: "I finally got some cocaine jokes!" In that conversation I learned that my friend knew nothing of the DeLorean/cocaine thing.....he thought the comments were due to the car being from the 80's so by default it's related to cocaine...LMAO!

...It was a great night.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I love the way you handled that. Some folks insist on educating the world in those situations, which most of the time is a lost cause. Sometimes it ends up making the owner sound defensive or stand-offish. For me, I say pick and choose your battles; most of the time just go along with it and have fun. Unless the person is actually asking for a DeLorean history lesson, there's no reason to give them one. Glad you had such a great time! Hopefully your future excursions are equally as entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I love the way you handled that. Some folks insist on educating the world in those situations, which most of the time is a lost cause. Sometimes it ends up making the owner sound defensive or stand-offish. For me, I say pick and choose your battles; most of the time just go along with it and have fun. Unless the person is actually asking for a DeLorean history lesson, there's no reason to give them one. Glad you had such a great time! Hopefully your future excursions are equally as entertaining!
    Thanks Nick, that's exactly how I feel about it.

Whenever I can put a smile on someone's face, I consider it a good day!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast